Part 26

Every brick they threw at me, I used to stand on.

~Pinterest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like, comment, vote xx

5 YEARS LATER...

"Amber are you coming or not?" Groaning I push my head deeper into the duvet. Damn it, I'm not feeling this Gala, not one bit. The effort of having to look for something to wear, to do my makeup, to even get out of bed is a mission.

And plus my mother said this one is optional, but because Chris has to go he wants me to be tortured by force too.

"Stop groaning, in fact stop being so damn lazy." I snort at Christopher's words and lick the reminder of the sugar left from the pop corn I'm devouring. I don't understand how people can eat salt pop corn.

It's so nasty.

"Amber, please come!" I close my eyes at his plea.

You are an independent 23 year old.

Do not yield at your best friends request knowing fully well it will do nothing but revoke havoc in your life again!

"Chris, no. And plus I have nothing to wear, you know I just moved in so I have to unpack boxes. And my hair, let me not get started. So... no. Love you, by-" as I'm about to cut the phone call I hear him shout my name.

"Amber! He will be there..." my heart immediately starts to beat faster at the thought of him and I push down the puke that is attempting to surge. I close my eyes in hopes to keep the 17 year old in me intact. Damn it, even the mention of his name...

I throw myself into my new blue sheets and think back to the last moment in which I saw, Damien Black.

5 YEARS AGO:

The office door opens and I'm snapped out of my thoughts.

Christopher appears at the door giving me a light smile. I try to return one but I can't bring myself to even look into his eyes.

"The is a car ready for you, Ms Williams." His lips curl into a comforting smile, and I attempt to create one as well but I'm sure I look like a one sided crazy woman. With my eyes swollen and my hair... well everywhere.

I take a few moments to arrange, myself and look up to see Christopher looking at me under his lashes.

"He can be mean sometimes." I look up at him as he utters those words. "I would know, even though I was once in love with him, I'm not ignorant."

My eyes widen at his words and I contemplate rubbing my ears to insure I haven't miss heard him.

"In love... with him?" I try to hide my shock. He doesn't seem to mind my reaction as a side smirk emerges.

"I'm gay." he clarifies.

"Right, but that still doesn't explain the 'in love with him part." He just strugs his shoulders.

"He is cute." I raise my eyebrows at his words.

Cute is an understatement. Exquisite? A comforting danger? Perfectly perfect?

Maybe.

Cute? No. Even though he is the most toxic person in my life at present I can not ignore something so obvious, something that eats at my skin each and every time the thought of him remotely try's to enter my bloodstream.

"So when you saw me and Damien, you were blushing because of him?" I ask, my voice just curious.

He watches me for a while with a small smile and moves to stand in front of me.