Chapter 35: My Knight In Shining Armor.

"How can this be even possible?" Alex murmured, his gaze at the ground in complete shock.

"Isn't there any chance that this Minerva might be lying?" Aria unsurely asked us.

"Well," Elliot started. "Minerva doesn't lie, there's no absolute reason that would propel her to lie as well. And everyone can see how much Myrna and Selena look like each other, it was obvious all along." He averted his gaze looking at my features, giving me a soft smile.

I ran my hand through my hair exhaling, feeling tired, exhausted. Selena was my half sister, I had a mental step mother, and my family was murdered by being burned to death. This wasn't just a normal stereotype lifestyle, this was a pure definition of insanity. Who would've predicted that a girl who used to live a simple and easy life, would carry a future with so many hidden secrets, so many miserable events and have such an overwhelming life. I wouldn't even still believe what was happening, I was still in true and deep shock. We all were.

"This just," I breathed out. "This just explains everything." I looked back to everyone around me. "Since the very first moment I came here, everybody looked at me as if they knew me, surprise evident in their features. Elliot, when I first met you at the pier," I called him making his eyes bore to mine. "You looked at me as if you knew me, as if you were more than surprised to see me. The same day, at that party in Jordan's house, Jordan looked at me with so much surprise. Alex, once called me Selena without intending to. I remember that. Anyone who I met, at school or whatever, would look at me and the first thing I'd see in their eyes was surprise. I can't believe this, it explains it all, all of it." I held my hands in front of me in a confused matter.

Alex shook his head, and I looked it him furrowing my eyebrows. "It's not just that," He gestured his hand in front of him. "Remember when you came to my room and saw Selena's picture with me and asked who was she? I freaking saw you as her. I got so frightened, I got so scared and I thought I was loosing my mind. When you talked, I snapped out of it, because your voice is different. God Myrna, now I know why you have the same big brown eyes. At homecoming, you looked exactly like her with the white dress. I was, I thought I was actually loosing my mind. Even when you and Elliot started talking, at school, when you and I weren't talking when I was so angry with you both, I was only so hurt because I saw her in you, because I thought I'd loose you like I lost her." He rubbed his temples, his watery eyes looked as lost as a puppy looking at my face and his voice shook when he talked.

He was right, he was so right.

"I can't believe my dad did that.." I whispered, my gaze rested to my feet on the ground. The whole story did not even sound like something my dad would do. He loved my mother dearly, and nothing could ever shock me than that. It just wasn't, my dad.

"Myrna.." Elliot scooped closer to me. "It isn't your dad's fault, nor yours. He might have had another daughter, and maybe he should've not acted this way, but if it's anyone's fault it's Minerva's. Selena was a pure human being, just like you are. She didn't deserve that mother, and Minerva was behind everything. She's just insane, and you are nothing but a victim, like everybody else. It was never your fault, and it will never be. Understood?" He caressed my cheek giving me that serious warmth in his eyes.

I leaned to his touch, closing my eyes and nodding away to him.

It was not my fault.

I fluttered my eyes open slowly to met his, I gave him a sad smile and he pressed his lips on my forehead softly.

"You didn't deserve this as well, and Selena's death was not your fault." I shakily told him. His eyes wandered away from mine, and that just told me that a part of him still thinks it is, still feels guilty.