Getting away

I started going back to school the day my friends came over. The same day that..... I couldn't even bring myself to say what happen. Blushing at the thought I finished getting ready for school.

I walked out the door not feeling hungry enough for breakfast. Jack said he would come by sometime later today, I yawned. School should start later in the day. I turned the next corner, bumping into Sarah. 

"Goodmorning." I yawned. She smirked at me. I haven't really talked to her recently because she also brings up the same thing. 

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" I only sighed.

"Not even a good morning. No, I'm not." She latched onto my arm and twisted her other hand around a light post. 

"We're not going anywhere until you tell me!" I saw a few people look over at us. 

"Let go of me Sarah!" She only tightened her grip. I swung my arm around trying to get away. I soon just sighed. 

"Please come on. I'll let you ask one question." She liked that idea and pulled me forward away from the light post. 

"What shall I ask you?" I saw a dark glow come from her eyes. She's definitely plotting something. Sweat dropped. We met up with Ryan and James at school before class. They also noticed Sarah's state.

"Is Sarah ok?" Ryan whispered in my ear.

"Oh her, she was threatening to keep us latched onto a light post if  I didn't tell her what happened with Jack and I." I looked behind me at her writing things quickly down in her book. 

"But why is she acting like that?" James pointed at her.

"Oh, I compromised and said she can ask me one question." I heard the teacher start to let us into the classroom. We started moving forward. 

"Yeah, but she could ask you anything." Ryan spoke up and I face planted.

"You have a point." I groaned. I wasn't even thinking at the time. We were about to head into class when the doors of the school were swung open and snow spread down the hall. I saw jack fly through looking for me. 

"I found you, we need to get you and your friends somewhere safe." Everyone else was looking over at the small blizzard going through the school.

"What happened?" I shook Sarah to get her out of her daydream.

"No time to  answer that now."  He took me by the hand and the others followed.

"Where do you think you are all going?" I looked back at the teacher and stopped.

"Well home obviously, because of the heavy snowfall." The teacher only sighed and waved us off. Knowing the snow will only get worse. We ran out of the school.

"Where would we be going exactly?" Sarah was behind me. I looked back over at Jack and he brought out a snow globe.  Throwing it to the ground the other looked at me not sure. Looking behind them I saw black sand coming towards us. 

"We need to go now!" I pulled Sarah by the hand towards the portal and the others followed through. It was frantic all through north's place. I watched yeti's running around and bumpings into each other. Jack went to find North and I was stuck with my freaked out, friends.

"Where are we and Why!" Sarah held my shirt and I pulled her off me and coughed.

"Give me some time to explain." I coughed out.

"That black sand stuff was pitch right?" I looked over at Ryan and nodded.

"So that's why were here right." I looked over at James and nodded.

"See why can't you be more like those two?" I waved my hands in the air and she just laughed awkwardly. Jack came back with North.

"I told you to take them somewhere safe. Not here." 

"I didn't know where else to take them."  I listened to their conversation and tapped North's hand.

"Even with your 'encouraging words' we can't just leave now." 

"I know that's the problem, pitch will come here first and he finds it easy to get in." I looked back at my friend's with a worried exspression. 

"Then there is no point in hiding them." He nodded and stroked his bread with his hand thinking. 

"We should..." We heard laughter all through the room and everyone froze. I went back over to my friend to try and sheald them. The black sand came back and moved in front of me as the laughing continued.

"You thought you could hide from me." The sand turned into a distinctive dark figure that could only match with one person. He walked towards me and my friends. We took a few steps back trying to get some distance from him, only for pitch to walk faster. He grabbed my chin and whispered in my ear. 

"No one can hide from fear."