Learning to live: the dress

We started looking threw the racks an racks of dresses, Annie or Johanna occasionally shouting about a dress they liked.

After looking for 3 hours we narrowed it down to 3 dresses, as rainy described each dress she seemed to speak a different language.

Dress 1: " a lace court train sleeveless beads sheath v-neck dress" which of course meant nothing to me, I just saw a simple ivory laced light dress.

Dress 2: "A pretty chiffon gown with bateaux neckline, a stunning feature to the gown is its plunging v back. The back is corset type which also pulls in your bust, with a ribbon/bow tied at the back. You could also change the ribbon to the colour of your bridesmaid dresses" this of course was even more gibberish to me, it didn't surprise me when Annie nodded along to what rainy was describing, me an Johanna just pretended to know. With this dress all I saw was quite a Floaty white dress, with an open v back, string things to pull me into the dress an a ribbon tied round the back.

Dress 3: "this one is a simpler figure flattering dress. It's a lace ivory spaghetti strap sweetheart neckline that goes in at the waist, curves round the hips an flares out at your knee caps. The silver belt round the waist can be removed if you don't like that" again Annie's eyes lit up an me An Johanna just nodded pretending we knew what she was talking about. This one was probably my favourite, probably because its simple an understated an I sort of knew what rainy meant when she described the dress. When I looked at this dress, I saw something I would pick, a simple long thin strap dress, you could tell it would be my choice. I mean everybody knew I wasn't exactly a master shopper, to he honest I hated it, peeta knew I didn't care about fashion, so did all my friends an family. I tried all three dresses on again, Annie an rainy chatted about how the lace complemented my skin an how the ribbon brought my eyes out on dress number two. Johanna just sat drinking the champagne mouthing things to me occasionally. When I tried the third dress on again some how I knew it was the one, if I would of chosen one of the other two, everybody would of knew I didn't choose it, an I mean I'm not turning all girly an gooey but i wanted my wedding day to be mine an peeta's nobody else's.

"This is it, this the one" I said stepping out from the curtain. Johanna Annie, rainy an her shop assistant aralia sat on the long couch facing the curtain all smiling.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Kat, you look beautiful" Annie seemed to tear up.

"Holy shit mockingjay you look almost human" Johanna tried to put malice in her voice but it didn't come threw.

Rainy the shop owner looked shocked at what Johanna said, not knowing out playful banter.

"It's really you I love it" Annie smiled.

"God I can't believe I chose my own wedding dress" I laughed.

"Yeah the dearest one" Johanna laughed back. "Peeta Won't be happy" she joked. "Good job you're both probably the richest couple in panem"

"Probably" I joked.

Happy with my decision I payed the 4,500 dollars on my credit cards.

It still felt weird having that much money not knowing what to do with it, an being able to pay on a little plastic thing.

"I wonder how the boys coped with luca" Annie said nervously as we made our way back to the victors village.

"Peeta will be fine, he has luca all the time" I said.

"I know but he's hungover, I hope luca didn't give him much bother" Annie was always worrying.

"Annie, he will be fine, it's peeta we're talking about, being a dad is his life's goal he will be in his element" Joanna said.

I don't think she meant to say it so coldly, after the conversation we had earlier on in the morning. me confiding in Johanna worrying that I can't give peeta what he wants most in the world. I just hope he loves me enough to accept my decision, whatever it is.