Family Matters

"I can't believe I left for a few hours and you guys go all anime with a giant crocodile." Dylan exasperated. "Which is very unbelievable, by the way."

    Justin clicked his tongue. "Last summer you were literally a vampire furry."

    Dylan blushed and his mouth gaped open. "Um excuse me-"

    "I watched my girlfriend punch it's face. It was super majestic." He added. "You were great babe."

    Sabine rolled her eyes as she leaned against the wall, sharpening a small knife. "You were great too boo."

    We were back in California. A few days had passed and so far everything in our little mutant-schooled community was calm. The world outside however was pretty much going up in flames. Will's outburst with the police had been photographed by a few bystanders and I had been informed by Azmus that we we had gone viral. Not viral enough for big news companies to notice, but viral enough so that the first wave of theorist that were sparked by Will were now basking in the glory of being right. It was also a pretty split issue, nobody knew who we were. We just kinda popped out of nowhere occasionally to fight people. Some people were with us, others were against, as long as we lived at Gifted we were safe though.

I gave the punching bag in front of me a swift kick, imagining it to be the police woman's shoulder or back. It made me feel a bit better. Besides hitting stuff always felt great. My spine prickled and and I was aware of Icie watching me from next to Sabine as the two girls exchanged knives.

"You know if you really wanna see some sick biceps you should see Dylan's." She suggested, smirking at me.

Dylan made a noise that sounded like he had chocked on his own saliva. He blushed and stuttered an incoherent sentence and furiously tugged his sleeves down. Justin, having the advantage of height and confidence, pulled them back up.

"Dude you're ripped!" He commented, and I mean, he wasn't wrong.

Dylan slapped Justin's hands away. "I am not! I just...use my arms a lot, to get around."

Justin waggled his eye brows at the blonde, even though there was no immediate determinable innuendo I could pick up. The cherry-faced Dylan however let out a shrill screech.

"I hang out with idiots." He muttered under he breath, rolling away from Justin.

Agreed. I gave the hanging sandbag a few more swift punches before a loud flapping and bursting through the doorway startled us all.

"You guys!" Will announced. "Mr. Wales want you, table now."

I would like to mention in the days the Hula Hoku kids have joined us, there have been a lot more indents in the table made by knives. Take from that what you will. Mr. Wales was holding a stapled together pack of paper with some swanky half-moon glasses on looking like he was about to give a science fair presentation. He had cooled off a bit now that we were back in the safety of his school, and no longer tore out his hair over Justin's (and others) antics.

I noticed it was just me, Will, Dylan, Sabine, Hayami, Genny, and Ryan, which was a weird mix. I mean I thought it was just us until I noticed Wi was in the background (we were in the kitchen again) carefully making lemonade and obviously NotEavesDropping™.

    "I bet you're wondering why I called you specifically and no one else. It's about information that Tyler and Tui retrieved for us. You can tell the others later but I figured you would want to hear if firsthand, first."