And Some More

"Name please?" The nice lady at the desk asked.

She peered over her clipboard at my bedraggled tired looking form and frowned. She was judging me. I looked like a little street punk, but I really just this cure.

"Tyler."

"Last name?"

I hestitated. "Santos."

The woman blinked for a moment, and looked at me again. Then scribbled something down on her clipboard.

"You're here for?"

"I want the mutant cure." I said rather bluntly. "How much is it?"

She looked at me again, this time really closely. I grimaced, enough to show off my fricken fangs. I wouldn't regret seeing them go, I felt like an anime twenty-four seven so excuse me if I never smile.

She looked surprised. "For you? Nothing. I can set you up right now. You can imagine we don't get many visitors for that particular medication. You can come with me."

She called someone to take the desk for her, and started leading me down the hall.

"So are you really one of those sci-fi kids that robbed us a few weeks back?" She asked, eyes wide and curious.

"I was there." I admitted, miserably. This is exactly what I wanted to be talking about.

Her eyes widened again. "Amazing! How did you even get like that anyway? What of person does that to kids?"

Ignorance is bliss.

"You'd be surprised." I sighed.

She opened up a door that looked like a stars doctors office including one of those beds with the paper on top that crackled with your every twitch.

"Don't worry, the doctor will be here in a few minutes, then we'll get that nasty stuff out of you." The lady smiled cheerfully, before leaving.

Great. Just great. I sat down on the bed and ripped little holes into the paper, because I like to rebel and hate this place anyway. I shrugged off my jacket, dumped in on the floor. My phone was still going off. I stretched my wings out, even though the room was too small for their full length. Would I miss them? It was debatable.

Dylan was happier without his 'modifications' in him. He had a girlfriend. Or I assumed Icie was his girlfriend. This was obviously the right thing to do.

The door opened. A Hispanic woman in a blinding white lab coat walked in holding a clipboard, which she wasn't even looking at as she dropped it on the counter and fished out a pair of keys.

    "So you're one of them, huh?" She asked, roughly pulling some vials and what I recognized as that thing you use to extract blood.

    "Yep." I replied, equally as tired sounding.

    "Did you divert from your little rebel group or are you just a loner. Heavens knows the streets always seem to be crawling with you guys. Wherever I go. No matter what I do."

    I didn't answer the woman. It seemed like a rhetorical question. She wrapped a gauze around my arm and started drawing blood. I didn't even wince.

    "What exactly am I dealing today?" She sighed again, turning back her vials and mixing some stuff.

    I spread my wings out in explanation. She glanced back, not even impressed.

    "Yeah we can deal with this. I'll give you this in injection form and those things will shrivel up and fall off over a few weeks."

She sighed and turned around, holding a syringe. She poised it just above my wrist. Then her eyes narrowed, just like the lady from the desk had.

    "What did you say your name was?" She frowned, staring at me.

    "I didn't say." I replied sharply.

    She gave me a stern look and I started to get shifty vibes as she picked up her clipboard again. She was transfixed with it for a few moments. Before putting it down, gently and slowly.

"Thought you were someone else. Sorry. Let's continue." She laughed it off.

Unbeknownst to me, she put down the syringe she was about to stick in me and switched it out for another. I glanced up, not suspecting anything as she wiped off my arm with alcohol again and stuck it in gently. I did wince a little.

"You're going to be in for quite the surprise when you wake up Tyler." Her voice sent chills up my spine.

Then everything went black.