3

Jane

Colson wasn't  happy that I had to leave town. There was an emergency that I had to tend to in New York. Something had happened to the new perfume line I was working on. I really hated it but I had to be on the next flight out.

"Colson, don't be like that?" I said on our way to the airport.

"Why do you have to go? Why can't Drake go?" He questioned

"He's out of the country. Neither me or the lab could get in touch with him.  So, yes I have to go. It's my job." I said before opening my door to get out.

Colson jumped out quickly and went to grab my bag as I reached for it.

"Seriously, you know your not allowed to lift anything heavy." He scolded me.

I glared at him and grabbed the handle as soon as he put it down. I was about to walk off when he grabbed my arm.

"Hey! Look I'm sorry ok. I didn't mean to upset you. I know your career and this new perfume line mean a lot to you. It's just..." he said as he rubbed my stomach."I just don't want you to get stressed out."

"I won't. I'm just going to go up there and fix this. And I'll be back in a flash."

"I love you." He said as he leaned in to kiss me.

"I love you too." I said breaking the kiss.

Colson

I know I shouldn't have acted like that. I just worried about her. Jane has a way of carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. I just didn't want her to stress and hurt the baby. They mean the world to me. At least now I still had some time before I had to tell Jane about my meeting yesterday.

"Dad!" Casie called out.

"Hey, how's my baby girl?" I asked

"Good, you left the door unlocked. Where is mom?" She asked

"Dang, I guess I forgot to lock it when I came in." I said as I went to lock it back.

"Where's mom?" She asked again.

"Well she had to go out of town for a little bit."

"For how long? I missed her."

"A couple days, hopefully. She'll be back before we know it. You want breakfast?"

"No, I ate at grandma's." She replied

"Well do you wanna do today?"

"Can we go to the American Girl store? I need a new outfit for Sophie. My cousin Jasmine is having a princess theme party next weekend at American Girl and she has nothing to wear."

I had no problem going to the American Girl store but it was in the mall and everytime I think about going to the mall I end up causing a scene. Her little face was lit up waiting for my reply. How could I say no to a face like that?

"Yeah, ok, sure. Just let me ok get my hoodie and then we can go."

"Yes!" She cheered.

I went into the bedroom to grab the hoodie that I just had on but I couldn't even find it. What the fuck!?!? I literally just had it on. What the hell could I have done with it? I searched the closet but still couldn't find it. Luckily I was able to find another old hoodie that I had so I threw it on and then put a hat on.

"Why are you wearing that thing? I can't even remember the last time you wore it so I know its old." Casie said

"I see you got jokes. I couldn't find my other one so this one will have to do. Unless you don't wanna go cause then..."

"No, its fine. Now come on. I wanna get there before it starts to get crowded." She said as you went to go out the door.

"Dad I thought you locked this." She stated as she realized she didn't have unlock it.

"That's funny. I thought I did too."