4

Jane

I checked into my hotel and had the bag boy take my bag upstairs as I made a mad dash to the cosmetics lab. I had to see what could be done without completely comprising the formula that Aubrey and I had created.

The head chemist gave me a few options but I didn't want to make any decision until Aubrey could get back in touch with me. I know he trust my judgement but I would still rather have his input. I got all of the information and decided to go back to my hotel to take a nap and do some research.

After getting to my room. I decided to take a nice hot bath because my back and feet were aching. I really wished Colson was here right now so that he could give me one of his famous rub downs. Just as I got out the bath there was a knock at my door. I went to answer and there was a woman on the other side of the door.

"Mrs.Jane Baker?" She asked

"Yes."

"These are for you." She said handing me a huge bouquet of flowers.

"If you could wait a minute I'll run to get your tip." I said as I placed the flowers on the nearest table.

When I turned around she was gone. Ok maybe she didn't hear me. I decided call downstairs for her.

"Hi, this is Jane Baker. One of your employees just brought flowers up to my room but she left before I could tip her."

"Mrs.Baker none of our staff has come up there. Maybe it was a delivery girl from the florist."

"Oh, well ok. I'll check with them. Thanks."

I hung up and looked for a tag on the flowers but didn't see one. I just decided to call Colson to thank him. The phone rung for a bit before he finally answered.

"Hey baby, whats up." He said

"Nothing much I was just calling to.." before I could continue Colson had to put me on hold.

"Oh shit! It's Puff. I gotta take this. I'll call you right back." He said before hanging up.

I laughed to myself. Puff was probably the only person that could put the fear of God into Colson. I wonder what he's done or what Puff thinks he's done this time. I chuckled to myself.

Suddenly there was another knock on my door. I'm very popular today I suppose. I went to the door and it was Aubrey.

"Hey little moma!" He chuckled as he opened his arms to hug me.

"Well hey there Uncle Aubrey. I see you got my call." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, I saw that. Look I got on the jet as soon as I found out what was going on. Have you eaten? I know your hungry. Lets go eat."

"Your such a fat ass! Let me change." I said as I went into the bathroom to change out of my lounge clothes.

We talked about the options we had and each of the pro's and con's.

"So off the subject but... Baller Alert said you were in the island's. There's some speculation you were with JLo." I said.

He blushed and I could tell it was true.

"You need to stop reading those gossip rages." He said

"But it's true."

"I can't confirm or deny it." He laughed

"Seriously Aubrey! Tell me."

"No you talk to much."

"Really and who the hell am I gonna tell?"

"Ok, yes. I was with Jennifer." He said straight faced.

"Omg! What about RiRi?!"

"Man, come on. This is why I didn't wanna tell you I knew you was gone bust my chops."

"Well, you kinda bring it on yourself. I mean what happened to you wanting to be with her and marry her?"

"I'm just having fun right now. Is that wrong?"

"No, I guess not. I'm just asking you to look around Aubrey. All the girls you use to date have moved on. I mean look at Serena. You've probably missed out trying to have "fun". But I guess if you're really happy."

"I know we don't always agree on everything but I love you Jane. You've always had my best interest at heart. Thank you."

Colson

Puff wanted me to send a feature for a song Cassie was working on. I told him I could do him one better and come up to record it. It was really just an excuse for me to come up so that I could be with Jane. I'd be lying if I said that the short time I was away from her wasn't killing me.

I went up to the front desk and got a key to Jane's room. I unlocked the door and walked in.

"Jane!" I called

I got no answer. Maybe she was sleep it was 10 almost 11. I went into the bedroom and didn't see her. I walked out just as I heard the door to her suite opening.

"So can we come to an agreement tomorrow? I really wanna get back home to my family." Jane said holding the door with her back to me.

As she opened the door wider I could see who she was talk to. Drake. She spun around to walk in and saw me standing there.

"Colson!" She said running to hug me,"what are you doing here?"

"Puff needed me to do a feature so I decided to come up since you were already up here. Sup man?" I called to Drake

"Not shit. We were just coming in from a business dinner. I'm gonna head out. I'll see you tomorrow Jane." He said

"Bye!" She replied.

"Why didn't you call me to let me know you were coming?" She asked

"It was spur of the moment." I said as I plopped down on the couch.

As I was sitting there a huge bouquet of flowers I didn't notice before caught my eye.

"Where you get those?" I questioned

"Like you don't know. Thanks for sending them. Their so beautiful." She gushed.

I furrowed my brow. Is she serious right now? I didn't send any flowers.

"I thought it was funny that you didn't have a card sent with them. Where did you order them from? The woman that brought them ran off before I could tip her."

Damn she was serious. She really thought these were from me.

"I can't even remember now. I was in a rush when I put the order in." I said trying to play it off.

I didn't send Jane flowers! There was no card with the flower's and the delivery girl ran off after giving them to Jane. This is really weird.