2

****REWIND****
5 months earlier

Jane

At this point Colson and I were taking each day one at a time. We didn't go through with the divorce. Marriage counseling saved our marriage. The pregnancy was going pretty well considering my chronic illness and we would soon find out the gender. We were so excited to see our family grow and so were the guys.

"Aye yo Kells! Look what I got?" Slim yelled walking into the house.

"He's not here but I would love to see what you've bought this time." I chuckled opening the bag.

"Great right? I got a pink one for a girl and blue for a boy. I was thinking when you guys pick a name I can get them customized." He laughed proud of his gifts.

The shirts read, "My Uncle Slim is the coolest."

"You know you could've wait til we found out what we were having before you got these."

"I know, I know. I'm just hella excited.  Another mini hellraiser. I hope its a boy."

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see, huh. I'll show these to Colson when he gets back."

"Where is he?"

"He had to run to a meeting. I'm actually surprised you're not with him."

"He probably forgot to tell me. Its cool, I'll just catch him later. Bye J, take care little guy." He said rubbing my stomach before leaving.

"He wants you to be a boy so bad." I laughed

I fixed myself a snack and made myself comfy on the sofa. I couldn't wait for Colson to get home so he could take me out to eat. I was so hungry, like all the time but I was very tired so I didn't wanna move. To only be 4 months along I was getting really big fast. Its probably from all the eating. I'm gonna have to watch what I eat.

My phone started to ring. It was Casie on facetime. Sometimes I think Colson regrets getting her that tablet. She's like an adult with a cell phone when it comes to that thing.

"Mom!" She said

"Yes baby."

"Where's daddy? I've been calling him and he won't pick."

"He had a meeting today baby girl. Remember he told you last night?"

"I know but he talked to me earlier and said it would be over at 3. Its 5 now."

"The meeting probably just ran longer than he thought. I'll call him ok. So get off the tablet and spend time with your cousin's ok."

"Ok." She huffed

I know why she really called me. Any time she has to call Colson multiple times she freaks out. He tries his best to make sure that doesn't happen but sometimes he can't help it. Every since her mom died she has to know where he is and what he's doing at all times.

She's afraid of losing him too. She doesn't say it but I know thats what it is. I hate she's going through this. We've tried everything but counseling. She refuses to go and Colson and I don't want to pressure her.

Just as I dialed Colson I heard ringing coming from the front porch. I hung up and soon after the front door opened.

"Hey baby." He said walking over to the couch.

"Casie said she tried calling you."

"Yeah I know. I was in the drive way talking to her. When she gets back I promised to download a texting app on her tablet. So remind me."

"Ok."

"So whats up? You hungry? Wanna get something to eat?"

"You read my mind. Lets go."

Colson

Jane and I got into the car and I proceeded to drive us to her favorite restaurant. She was going on and on about how Slim seems hell bent on spoiling the shit out of our unborn child. I tried my best to pay attention to what she was saying but I was very distracted.

After leaving my meeting I felt very on edge and uneasy. I know at some point I would need to to tell Jane or maybe I wouldn't. Shit! What am I saying? I'm gonna have to tell her. We just recovered our marriage and this may put us back where we started.

"Hey! Hello! Earth to Colson!?" Jane said

"Huh?" I replied

"I asked you how your meeting went? Is everything ok?" She asked

"Yeah about that..." I started but then Jane's phone started to ring.

"I need to take this." She said

I was safe for now but as soon as she gets off the phone I know she's going to ask again and then I'm going to have to tell her. I don't know how she's going to react but I'm better off telling her than keeping this from her.