Chapter 23 (Edited)

Warm sparks went up and down my arms, causing me to waken from my sleep. The pillow that I was on moved when I groaned and buried myself into it.

I opened my eyes to see the green eyes of my mate after it moved. A small smile flickered on my lips as I buried face into what I now knew as his chest. "So, it wasn't a dream," I mumbled, causing him to chuckle.

"No, it wasn't," Luke confirmed. He sighed and tensed. "Do you... do you think we can talk about what happened?" he asked, hesitantly. He rubbed my back when I tensed, and I could tell that he was trying to relax himself as well. "Without closing in on each other?"

I sighed and tried to relax. I moved my head to look up at him, watching him looking at me nervously. "What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Who knows that you are the Hunter outside the Hunters? I think they knew that you were the incarnation."

"Some of them knew that I was," I said, remembering Dallas's confused look when I said I was the incarnation. "Nick knows that I am the incarnation, and I think that most of that pack knew as well. They had grown accustomed to seeing me there, and most knew what to look for."

"What did they have to look for?" Luke asked, confused. He cocked his head and furrowed his brows.

"The purple eyes," I replied. "I think my eyes would've been blue if I wasn't who I am now."

"But, I thought blue eyes were recessive," Luke said. "How can both kids get blue?"

I shrugged. "My mom used to say that I had blue eyes when I popped out. She, also, said that Anna was like a miniature me. She had the same exact attitude as me when I was younger, and that is why most people think that she is my daughter and not my sister."

Luke nodded his head. "Why did you run?" he asked, his voice cracking. His Adam's Apple bobbed in his throat and looked at me, grief in his eyes. He wanted to say something else, but he didn't say another word, waiting for my response.

I sighed and closed my eyes, leaning against him. "You chased me," I said after I got my thoughts together. "I-I didn't know what to think. All I thought about was protecting my sister and keeping her alive. I didn't know if you would've tried to kill us or what."

"And if I told you to stay?"

"I wouldn't," I replied, honestly. "I would try to leave before something could happen to my sister. If anything did..." I shook my head.

"She's your Achilles Heel."

I nodded my head. I have said that before, but I didn't care that it was brought up again. "If I lose her..." I shook my head and cleared my throat. "I would try to do something bad, and it would probably hurt you and the pack."

Luke squeezed my shoulder, and I knew that he knew what I meant. "I would've tried to help," he said, his voice cracking. "Don't try to hurt yourself if something happens to her. Please, promise me that."

I took a deep breath and shook my head. "I don't know if I will or not," I said, honestly. "It will be a struggle to live, but I know that she would want me to live."

Luke nodded his head and kissed my forehead. "Can you tell me why you had crushed the earpiece now?"

I took a deep breath and moved from Luke's grasp. My hands were shaking, and I could feel the helplessness that I had felt on that night. I felt as afraid as I did that night, and I hated it. "I knew the group that that Rogue was a part of," I said, looking at my hands. I cleared my throat and moved a hand through my hair. "I had been on a case against them two years back, and..." I shook my head and sighed. "Iwasrapedbytheirleader."

Luke didn't say a word, and I could feel the confusion coming off of him in waves. "Huh?" he asked, finally, and I could tell that he was cocking his head. "Can you say that again, slower please?"

I cleared my throat. "I was raped by their leader," I said, my voice barely a whisper. "H-he brought it up a-and-" I shook my head, not being able to say anything. My throat closed up, and I could feel myself start to panic.

Warm arms wrapped around me and held me tight. The scent comforted me, causing me to almost stop panicking. "It's all right," he soothed, running a hand through my hair. "It's not your fault." He kissed the side of my temple. "I don't blame you, Ava."

I nodded my head and took a deep breath of his scent. "I am scared," I all but whispered, causing him to squeeze me reassuringly. "I don't want to be scared."

"All people are scared every once in awhile," he said. "It's what makes us human." He scrunched up his face in thought. "Or, half human at least."

I smiled a bit and sighed. "What are you afraid of?"

Luke pulled me back and kissed my lips. "Losing you," he said, honestly. "I am scared of losing you."

***

"What are you scared of?" Dallas asked an hour or so later after talking with Luke. He was lying upside down on the couch, trying to defeat my sister in Mario Karts. "Aren't you friends with the Alpha and Luna that is coming here before we leave to go to the pack?"

"Oh, I am," I said from where I was sitting next to Luke. "But, Tina is insane. She is worse than Anna."

Anna turned to look at me and smiled before turning back to the television. "I am kicking your a- butt."

"Good girl," I said, causing her to turn towards me and stick out her tongue. "You aren't allowed to cuss until you are eighteen."

"Flip you," Anna said. She paused the game and ran over to the door. "Nick!" she called, giving the surprised male a hug. "I missed you soooo much. Tell Ava that I can cuss when I am fifteen."

"Uh...," Nick said, surprised and shocked. His hand was still in the form of knocking, even though he didn't get the chance. "How did you..?"

"I finally got her out of the habit of not paying attention to her surroundings," I said. "And what did I tell you about not opening the door." I scowled, causing the ten year old to shrug. "Where is-"

"Avery Madison Williams!" Tina screeched, interrupting me from speaking. Se shoved Nick out of the way and stormed into the room, not caring about the men that stood up. She narrowed her eyes and pointed her finger at me. Anger filled her eyes, and I couldn't help but wince. "What the hell was that?"

"It was called leaving," I replied, knowing what she was talking about. "I couldn't go to the pack, and you know why."

She growled but didn't move from her spot. Her eyes moved from me and Luke to see that we were basically almost sitting on top of each other. The anger vanished from her eyes, and she squealed, causing us to cover our ears. "Are you two finally together?" she asked, jumping up and down.

"Yes," I replied. "And, no, your son will not have a little cousin just yet." I smirked when she stopped and narrowed her eyes. "I have been keeping track of both packs," I said, answering her warning gaze. "I just couldn't show myself."

"Who knew that you were alive?" Steven asked, coming in and clutching Anna next to him. "Or did you ask for help?"

"I asked Sil," I replied, shrugging my shoulder. "She was the only that knew I was close."

Tina huffed and folded her arms across her chest. "I should beat her for keeping my son's Godmother away from me," she mumbled.

I blinked. "What?" I asked, shocked. "G-g-godmother?"

Tina smiled, giving me a knowing look. "Surprise. You are the Godmother to my child."