Chapter 29 (Edited)

I followed Alistair, killing everyone in my way as they tried to attack me. Subtly, I nodded to Dallas when he attacked someone that was about to attack me from behind.

I knew that Dallas would be alright, so I ran straight pass and followed the incarceration of Alistair into the woods without anyone following me.

I knew that he would be having people in the woods to try and stop me, but I knew that I wouldn't have to worry about them. I had people out in the woods that would take care of them, so I only had to worry about following Alistair.

"I hope that you do not think that you can catch me," Alistair sneered from somewhere in front of me. "I have learned a lot of... things during my new beginning."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Like what? Being scared of a girl that just learned about her powers?" I bit back a smirk when he growled, knowing full well that he hated being taunted.

"I know that I can outrun you," he said, and I could hear that he had set his voice in a different direction than he was going in. "And, I can confuse the shit out of you." The voice was now behind me.

"Can you?" I asked, not giving up on the trail that I was following. I moved to my left, sensing him move that way. "Or, is it that I am not really trying to catch you... yet?" I smirked, enjoying the hunt. I knew that I needed to end this quickly, but I had a feeling that he would have a few tricks up his sleeve if I attacked sooner than I planned.

"Oh?" Alistair said, his voice coming from my right. He sounded a bit nervous, and I was sure that it was because he felt the air change. He knew that something was about to happen, something that he didn't expect coming.

"Yes," I said. I stopped and turned to the left, bending the forest to have him come towards me. "I can control things to my will." I sneered when he stared at me with horror. "The winds have changed, Alistair. Do you feel it?"

Alistair growled and lunged at me only to be met with dirt. He looked around shocked before looking up when he heard me laugh.

"I have been blessed with more power than I needed to kick your ass and kill him." I lifted him into the air and threw him into some trees and hopped down. "But..." I walked over to him and stopped when I was close. "How about we do this like the old times?"

"What? With swords?" Alistair asked, clutching his side. "Isn't that kind of... old timey?"

I shrugged and placed my hand in my pocket. "Perhaps," I said. I pulled out a gun and shot him twice, once in the head and the other in the chest. Shearing pain struck my side as Alistair fired a gun at me, but I still stood.

Alistair dropped the gun as he slumped against the tree. The light of life started to simmer out.

"You can't hurt anyone else, Alistair," I said, clutching my side. "Your spirit is cursed to the deepest pits of Hell. There is no use in fighting to stay alive. You have been finished."

And with that, I set his body on fire before starting to walk away from him. I ignored the screams of his pain as he died, knowing that he wouldn't hurt anyone else.

***

Carcasses littered the battleground as I made my way back to the battlefield. There was no sound, only this thick, tense, silence as if the whole area was waiting for something.

Fires littered the battleground as the dead bodies of the enemies were burned to a crisp.

The smoke was so thick that it hid stuff from view and made it hard to see. However, I was able to navigate my way through it.

Blurry figures appeared at the edge of the smoke, and I could see someone on their knees with others around them.

It was hard to hear what they were saying, but I had a feeling that they were wondering what to do with him.

"Let him up," I called, stepping out of the thick smoke to see that it was my mate and the group of Hunters that knew the other Hunter that was kneeling at their feet. "He did what I had asked him to."

They all turned to look at, and I could see the shock in their eyes.

Lucas pulled away from the group first and ran towards me. New scars littered his body, but other than that, he was fine. He pulled me into his arms and hugged me, his scent familiar.

"I am alive," I soothed, hugging him back with one hand. I patted his back and looked at the other men.

"You asked him to shoot your sister?" Fernos asked, causing me to nod my head. Shock appeared on his face when I nodded. "Why?"

"To save her, of course," I replied. I held my hand. "It'll take a day to collect her. I will answer your questions later, but right now, I need to see the Pack Doctor." I lifted my hand from where I had been shot. "I kind of had gotten shot and need this taken care of..."

"How are you still standing?" Luke asked. He picked me up and muttered an apology when I hissed.

"I am the Hunter. Of course, a bullet can't kill me," I said, not going into the real reason as to why I wasn't dead. I looked at the Hunters under my care and noticed that everyone had sustained some type of injury. "Get checked out. If you want to lock Dallas in a room, then do so with food and all those basic necessities."

"Hey," Dallas said, frowning. However, we both knew that it was for his own safety. He knew that a lot of people wanted him dead.

"But, he killed Anna," Fernos said.

"She is alive," I replied. "Give it a day. If she isn't back tomorrow, then by all means, kill him."

"Hurtful," Dallas muttered, causing me to smirk. He gave me a look, causing me to nod my head. He wanted to speak to me alone later, and I knew that I was going to have to try to find a way to get away from my overprotective mate.

"You'll be fine," I said, before resting my head on my mate's shoulder. "Just don't think about it too much."

And with that, Luke ran for the Pack Doctor, with me comfortable in his arms.