Chapter 26- Luke (Edited)

"How is she?" I asked the person I sent to look after her. I looked at my mate before looking at the pack doctor. It had been a couple of weeks after Anna died, and Avery wasn't taking it well.

She wouldn't eat, wouldn't sleep, nor did she move. She stayed in one spot, secluded and wouldn't come out for anything, not even me. Her whole body was listless, and there was no way for me to get into her mind to see whatever was happening to her and fix it. Her block was too strong, and I had no idea how to break it.

"Still the same, Alpha," the pack doctor, Doctor Tabitha, said. She moved a hand through her hair, a worried look in her eyes. A small sigh escaped her lips before she looked at her Luna. "She hasn't lost any weight, which is good. I still am not able to put an iv in her."

"But, is she healthy?" I asked, causing her to nod her head. Relief filled my body as nodded, but then I couldn't help wonder as to why she was acting like this. I furrowed my brows and looked at her. "Then why isn't she moving?"

"Physically, she is healthy," the doctor replied. She held her hand, stopping me from talking. "Emotionally and mentally, she isn't. If what you said was true, the Luna's sister was her world and had been her will to live. Without her, she has no will to live."

These words stabbed me right in the heart. I thought that I would become her world, but I guess not. I knew it was selfish of me to think that when she needed to heal, but... it seemed like she wasn't doing any healing.

If she lost her will to live, then where did that leave me? Where did that leave us? Will the pack survive if she stayed in this vegetable state or not?

I didn't know how long the pack would last without a Luna by my side, and I honestly didn't want to find out. "Is there a way to help her?" I asked, looking at the doctor. My heart broke for her, and all I wanted to do was find Dallas and kill him.

She shrugged her shoulder and grimaced. "I've never dealt with someone like her," she said, honestly. "I don't know what to so with the "Hunter". Her body is so similar yet so different to ours."

I sighed and nodded my head, moving a hand through my hair. Defeat and lost filled my body, but I knew that I couldn't give up either. The pack, no probably the world, was counting on me and my pack to hold down the fort while my mate did whatever she needed to do to get better.

The doctor licked her lips and looked away. She stayed silent before she took a deep breath. "Can I ask something, Alpha?" she asked, softly.

I nodded, staying silent.

"When is the battle?" she asked, looking up at me. Worry and tears filled her eyes. She knew that this battle would not be like any other battles that we had faced. Not only were Wolves involved but so were other Supernatural creatures, creatures that I haven't dealt with before.

Some had already showed up, claiming that my mate had came to them in a dream. They told us that she had sent for them, saying that they were willing to help bring this man down once and for all.

I shrugged my shoulder and grimaced. I did not want to think about it, but I knew we were going to have to do it. "Soon," I said, softly. I moved a hand through my hair and sighed. "I don't know even, but I know it is soon."

The doctor nodded her head. She had a thoughtful look in her eyes. "Then, let us hope that she will be able to come back to us. Until then, I guess we keep our eyes and ears open and make sure that we survive."

I nodded my head, agreeing with her. "Let's hope that we can survive while we wait. Hopefully it will not take her long..."