Chapter 2

When i looked out the window i saw fireflies and i knew that Beacon Hills wasn't a place for fireflies. As crazy as it sounds, that led me to think that my dream was real. I took a deep breath before snapping my fingers which changed me into my pajamas. I knew i had to be careful with my powers because of my aunt but that didn't stop me from using them. I saw that it was 10:49 and since i slept earlier i wasn't sleepy. I decided to just listen to music until i could sleep. And before i knew it i was out like a light.

There was a boy. A boy with brown curly locks facing away from me. I could only see the back of him but i saw him bend down and pick something up while putting it in his pocket. He slowly turned around. I could almost see his face. Right when he was about to completely turn around everything went black.

I opened my eyes to find myself dreaming again. But this dream was a very odd one. I just wish i could've seen the boy's face. I got out of bed, showered, and got dressed. I went into the kitchen and grabbed myself an apple. Where's Aunt Julie? I went into her office and saw that she had a lot of paperwork surrounding her. Honestly, i wish i could just wave my hands and make the work for her be finished but i couldn't reveal my secret.

I looked at her and saw that she had bags under her eyes which meant she was up all night doing this. I felt really bad and thought if i should just tell her now. I mean i wanted to help her. So, i waved my finger at the paperwork and it was completed. My aunt looked up at me shocked instead of scared. In fact i saw a smile form on her lips.

"Of course! How did i not think of this before? You! You, Scarlett! You're the one!"

I didn't know what to she was talking about and i guess my aunt read my mind because she then told me everything. Apparently, every millionth year when a child is born on the day when the night sky is dark blue with a full moon out, and if they're brought out into the moon's light they gain these magical powers and sprout wings. So my parents must've known about that and wanted me to become what i am today. I'm also guessing they didn't tell my aunt about it and she's been trying to figure out who it was. But now she knows.

"Scarlett. Did your parents ever give you a necklace on your 13th birthday?"

I reached up to grab it around my neck but it wasn't there. I frantically ran upstairs and looked through everything but i couldn't find it.

"Aunt Julie i can't find it!" I started to worry when my aunt spoke.

" Scarlett, without that necklace your powers are no use when you need them the most."

I knew it was downhill now when she said that.

"But what if i can't find it?"

"Then you'll never discover your deepest and strongest powers."

Without my necklace i would be weak. I would never discover the real me. I would never be able to survive without it.