Chapter 27

We were all at the school waiting outside near the bus and Parrish went in to check on the bomb. I glanced back and saw Kira wave me over. I walked towards her and she led us to the inside of the school.

We saw her parents go in the history room and shut the door behind them. We followed them and watched them through the window on the door. Kira's dad pulled out a big book.

"You hid them in a book? Couldn't you find something more secure?" Kira's mom asked him.

"How many high school students do you know who would willingly open a book? You still haven't talked to Kira, have you?"

"Barely a word since the hospital."

" You need to tell her. Especially about this."

Kira's dad opened the book revealing nine small knives. They were Noshiko tails.

"You've already sacrificed five. Three of the oni are gone. How many more tails are you willing to sacrifice?" Kira's dad asked her mom.

"If I have to? All of them." She said, pulling one of the blades out of the book and snapped it. Then another.

"These oni will be stronger. Much stronger."

Kira and I walked back outside in the crowd. Right when we approached Scott and Stiles, Parrish said it wasn't a bomb but there was something in the box. He held Sherriff Stilinski's nameplate from the station against the window.

That's when I realized something. The vision I had of the packages being delivered to the station wasn't just useless. It was trying to tell me there was a bomb. Not here, but at the station.

I told Sherriff Stilinski and he realized it too. He called the station to tell everyone to get out of there and Scott, Stiles and I drove there as fast as we could as night fell. When we got there, there were pieces of wood and glass everywhere along with officers down on the floor.

"Get me an ambulance here, at the sheriff's station. We've got an explosion. We got multiple officers down. Multiple officers down. We need an ambulance A.S.A.P. On the double."

"Scott? Scarlett?" Stiles asked us and we looked down to see an deputy lying on the floor, bleeding.

"Can you do something? Take his pain? Anything to make it easier?" Stiles asked Scott who had a horrified look on his face.

Scott grabbed the deputy's hand and grunted as he was taking the pain away. The deputy lied his head down as he died and Scott looked even more horrified than before. Sherriff Stilinski started yelling something at us and pointed his finger to the door. The three of ran towards the door just as Kira ran in the station.

"The oni. They're coming."

"Stiles, we gotta get you out of here." I said as we all rushed out toward his jeep.

"The animal clinic is lined with mountain ash. Just like my house. It will buy us some time." Scott said as we drove off.

"But they can get through it?" Stiles asked him.

"Eventually."

"Nobody's got any better ideas?" Stiles asked but we didn't respond.

"Okay, sure. Animal clinic."