Chapter 13

16 hours

It’s been 16 hours since Allison, Scott, and Stiles have been out. And I’ve been waiting in the clinic with Isaac, Lydia, and Deaton. And we have to save their parents before the lunar eclipse. Or else, Jennifer kills them. She’ll sacrifice them. Just like she did with the rest of her victims.

“What if they don’t make it back?” I asked Lydia in a whisper but I’m sure Isaac heard me because of his werewolf senses.

“They’re going too. At least I hope they do.”

I sighed and turned my head towards Isaac. He gave me a sympathetic smile and looked away. I shaked my head and stared at the brick walls. I sighed and pulled my lips into a thin line. I continued to look at the wall when I saw something moving. I knotted my eyebrows together and approached the wall. I slowly put my hand to it but abruptly pulled it back and covered my mouth with it.

“Scarlett? Is everything ok? What do you see?”

“I don’t know.”

It looked like shapes. The shapes then turned into shadowy figures and the figures turned into people. The people were moving, but I couldn’t make out whom the people were. I shakily stumbled back and bumped into Isaac when I realized who they were and what was happening. It was my aunt. And Jennifer.

 My aunt was watching tv when Jennifer suddenly came up behind her. She put a black wire to her neck and tied her up. She tried to get out but it was useless. Next thing I knew, she was dead. My aunt was dead. Jennifer killed her.

“No…No…No!” I grabbed onto Isaac’s chest and started to uncontrollably sob.

“Scarlett, what’s wrong? What did you see?” Deaton asked me as he went to go look at the wall himself.

“Hey. Hey, look at me.” Isaac wiped away a tear that was falling down my cheek with his thumb.

“What did you see?” He asked me with concern filling his eyes.

“I have to go… I-I have to go.  I gotta make sure she’s ok.” I pulled out of his arms and ran out of the clinic into the darkness.

“Make sure who’s ok?” I heard Lydia shout as I was already running towards my house.

I knew Isaac was going to come running after me so I just used my magic to get to my house faster. I appeared in the kitchen. It was dark. I flipped the light switch but it didn’t work. I clapped my hands to magically turn on all the other light switches but it didn’t work either.

I put my hand out and created a small ray of light. I used it to find my way through the hall. At the end of the hall, there was a faint glowing light that looked like it was beating. I tilted my head and walked closer to it. When I reached the end of the hall my necklace came into view.

It was floating and glowing in mid air. I reached to grab it but the moment my hand came in contact with it, my hand just went through it. It was there, but at the same time it wasn’t.