Chapter 18

Weeks have gone by. And lately, Stiles has been waking up in the middle of the night screaming. My room’s right next to his, so I decided to check up on him tonight. I yawned and groggily got out of bed and checked the time. 2:48 a.m.

I walked to Stiles’ room and silently opened the door. I walked in and saw him sleeping peacefully. He seems all right. I shrugged and walked back to my room. I got under the covers of my bed and closed my eyes trying to get some sleep.

But I couldn’t sleep because I heard mumbling. Now in most scary movies, the person would get out of bed and go look at what’s making the noise and practically get killed. But I’m not gonna do that. I snuggled into my soft sheets and tried to go back to sleep.

But I heard it again. And this time it was clearer.

"No no no, don't let them in."

But what if it’s Stiles? But then again it could be some psycho who broke in. Screw it. I got out of bed again and walked back into Stiles’ room. And sure enough, he was the one mumbling, and tossing and turning in his sleep.

Out of nowhere, he bolted up right in his bed screaming. I tackled him into a hug and held him in my arms trying to hold him down. He stopped screaming and started crying. He clutched onto my arms and started whimpering. I rocked him back and forth and tried to calm him down. His dad ran in and came to his side and hugged him as well.

“Hey, hey, hey, it's okay, you're okay”

.

.

.

.

.

The next morning I woke up to find myself lying on Stiles’ chest in his bedroom. I ended up sleeping in his room just in case he woke up screaming again. I got up and walked to my room to get ready for school. I threw on some denim shorts that were cuffed at the hem, a white tank top, and a blue flannel with my white converse.

I put my hair into a high ponytail and grabbed my bag and books. I walked back to Stiles’ room and stood at the open door. He was holding up a book and he touched the cover of it with shaking fingers.

“Hey. You all right?”

He turned around to look at me and then turned his attention back to the book.

“You ready to go?”

He threw the book down at his desk and looked behind me. His dad was standing there with a box in his hands. I moved a bit to the side to let him talk to Stiles. Sherriff Stilinski looked at him unsure.

“I’m fine Dad. Seriously, I'm fine. It was just a nightmare. What's that?” He pointed to the box in his hands.

“That's just, uh, files from the office.”

“It says ‘Sheriff's station, do not remove.’ "

“Well, yeah, unless you're the Sheriff.”