Chapter 12

I looked closer into the mirror and rapidly blinked my eyes. They remained purple. I stumbled back and almost fell over my own feet. I ran out the bathroom feeling a knot in my stomach. My vision blurred and I heard voices. It was like a vision. But in present tense.

"Jennifer, she...she has Allison's father. She took him. She's got all three now." Stiles told Lydia as he started to breathe heavily, which he couldn't control. He was having a panic attack.

The vision blurred to another scene.

Lydia led Stiles to the locker room where he stumbled to the floor trying to catch his breath. He couldn't slow his breathing down, so she took his face in her hands and kissed him.

"H-how'd you do that?

"I, uh... I read once that... Holding your breath could stop a panic attack. So when I kissed you... You held your breath."

"I did?"

"Yeah. You did."

Once again, the vision blurred to another scene.

Stiles and Lydia burst into the guidance counselor's office. Danielle, who used to be Heather's best friend, was in there waiting for Ms. Morrell and said that she was 20 minutes late. Lydia pointed out that she was never late to a session, so she must be missing.

Stiles started going through Ms. Morrell's desk and pulled out Lydia's file. Lydia opened it and found one of her drawings of a tree inside.

"Wait, Lydia, that's your drawing."

"Yeah, I know. It's a tree."

"No. But that's the same one, though."

"Same as what?"

"The same one I always see you drawing in class."

"It's a tree. I like drawing trees."

"No, but it's the exact same one. Don't you see? Give me your bag."

Stiles pulled out her notebook and opened it to the exact same drawing of the tree. He set it next to the drawing that was in her file. They were the same.

"There, see?"

Stiles flipped the pages of her notebook and found the exact same drawing of the tree, but in different sizes on every page. He stopped flipping the pages and slowly turned one of the drawings upside down. The branches looked like roots growing into the ground and the trunk looked like a stump.

That's when the vision stopped and I fell forwards to the ground. I landed on my knees and I realized something. The drawings of the tree were actually the nemeton upside down. The nemeton isn't a clue to where Stiles' dad and Scott's mom might be. It's where they are. They're in the root cellar.

I snapped my fingers and appeared in the hallways of my school. I looked ahead and saw Stiles talking to Lydia. I ran up to them and told Stiles where they were being kept.

"I know. I just found out a couple minutes ago. Wait... how did you find out?"

"Uhh... you see I kind of hea-" I sighed as I was interrupted by Agent McCall, also known as Scott's dad, who was across the hall.

"Stilinski!"

Stiles groaned and turned to Lydia and I.

"Agh. All right, look, both of you go to Derek, okay? He and Peter, they've been there before, so they'll know where it is. Tell them it's the root cellar, all right? They'll know." He told us in a low voice as Agent McCall approached him.