Chapter 14

I put my hand in front of me and moved it quickly to the side. The door to Stiles’ jeep opened and I ran up to him. I pulled him out of his jeep and onto the ground. He doesn’t have any serious concussions, just a few cuts.

“Stiles? Stiles please wake up.” I shaked him but he didn’t react or respond to my actions.

Oh god, I really am going to regret this. I put my hand above my head getting ready to slap Stiles in the face. Ok here we go. I moved my hand towards his face and almost hit him, but someone grabbing onto my hand stopped me from doing so.

“Woah. I’m awake, I’m awake!” Stiles said releasing his hand from mine.

“Oh my god. I was just about to hit you-“ I stopped when I saw him looking at me with a scared look on his face.

“Stiles what are you look-“ I forgot about my wings.

“I can explain. I know you might think I’m a freak and you might be mad at me but I wanted to tell you. I was just scared. I didn’t know how you would react. I’m so sorry. I should’ve told you from the start. But I tried to tell you the night of the talent show.” I stood up and started walking away. There’s no way he’d look at me the same.

I was alarmed when someone grabbed my hand and spinned me around. Before I had a chance to react, a pair of lips were on mine and two hands were cupping my face. I instantly recognized the hands and the scent of the person. I didn’t want to give in but I couldn’t help myself. I kissed back and melted into the kiss.

“I’m sorry Scarl-“ I hugged Isaac not letting him finish. But that didn’t mean that I was going to forgive him just yet.

I pulled back and was met with…a pair of brown eyes? Those eyes belong to my best friend!

“Stiles?!?”

“Uhh… yea that’s me.” he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and shuffled his feet.

“Did we just…?”

There’s something weird going on. I’m seeing visions. I’m seeing things that aren’t there. And to make things worse, I’m mistaking people for others. Not to mention my eyes turning purple.

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t help myself. I guess that over time I kind of developed a bit of feelings towards you. And just seeing you with those wings and your hair so messy, yet cute… oh god.”

I couldn’t process what he just said to me. Now that I’m thinking about it, I think that I too developed something towards him. But we couldn’t be together, we’re best friends. That’d be awkward. Bu that doesn’t mean I can kiss him one more time.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for another kiss. He was shocked and didn’t kiss back until he realized what was going on. We pulled back and I gave him a smile followed by a nervous laugh.

“Umm…either ways. Yea about the whole wing thing, I’ll explain everything to you as we hurry up and find the root cellar! It’s probably about to collapse on them right now! Come on!”

“Wait! Let me go get something from my jeep!”

I snapped my fingers.

“Your bat?" I asked holding it up, but this time it had aluminum wrapped around it.

“Woah. You have powers too?”

“Yes, now let’s go!”

We ran through the woods for what seemed like ages and I looked up and saw that the lunar eclipse was here. We finally found the nemeton but the ground was falling in the root cellar and it looked like the celling beam to the root cellar was collapsing down on them.

“My dad always said aluminum was better than wood.” Stiles said as he jumped through a space in the wreck of wood and into the root cellar.

I was about to follow him in, when I realized that Scott and Derek are powerless and they’re probably dying this moment. I have to go to the distillery right now. But I don’t know how to find it. It takes powerful magic to teleport to a place that you don’t know the location of. But it’s worth a shot.

I closed my eyes and formed my hands into fists. I inhaled and exhaled trying to clear my mind off of everything. I imagined being in front of the distillery and opened my eyes to find myself somewhere else in the woods. But not at the distillery.

Ok, try again. I formed my hands into fists again to have them have light glowing out of the open spaces between my fingers. Woah. I closed my eyes and repeated the process. Please work. Please, please, please work.

I hesitantly opened my eyes. I had a bow in my hand and a quiver full with 7 arrows was slung on my back. And sure enough, I was standing in front of the distillery. I did it! I looked in and saw Jennifer in her darach form, throwing Scott against the wall causing him to hit the pipes.

I ran in and shot an arrow at her, only to have her grab it without turning around. She slowly turned around and gave me an evil look. Scott looked at me open-mouthed.

“A guardian. Just what I needed.” She said as she threw the arrow at me but I flew across the room before it hit me.

“Nice try.” I attempted to hit her with another arrow but this time she used her powers to have it break in half as it flew in mid air.

It fell to the ground and she looked up at me and tilted her head before she made three crows appear out of nowhere and had them attack me. Luckily, I shot them with the arrows before they could reach me, leaving me with 2 arrows left.

I teleported outside the distillery and leaned against the wall of it. I lifted up my index finger to have it spark purple and I waved it around. I was going to make more arrows appear, but the purple spark disappeared. I waved my finger again but nothing happened. It didn’t even have the purple sparks come out of it.

That’s when I remembered what aunt Julie said to me. “Without your necklace, your powers are no use when you need them the most.”

I’m weak and powerless. I only have 2 arrows left. I can’t fly. I can’t teleport anywhere. I can’t prevent things from attacking me. I can’t survive.