Chapter 23

"Scott! Scott? Scott!" Stiles, Lydia, and I yelled as we were standing over Scott.

He woke up and stood up looking confused until he remembered what happened.

"Barrow, he took Kira!"

"We know. He was after her the whole time." Stiles said.

"We have to think of something. He's going to kill her."

"I knew he was there. How did I know that?" Lydia asked.

"Because you heard the flies, right? What do you hear now?" I asked her.

"Nothing. I feel like I can do this. But I don't know what to do. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue, and I don't know how to trigger it. I just...I swear to God, it literally makes me want to scream." She said, sounding frustrated.

"Okay, then scream. Lydia, scream." Stiles said.

Lydia let out a banshee wail that even hurt my ears, including Stiles' too. She stopped screaming and looked up at the streetlight.

"It's not flies. It's electricity."

"Wait a second, Barrow was an electrical engineer. He worked at a power substation." I pointed out.

"What substation?"

.

.

.

.

.

Scott, Stiles, Lydia and I arrived at the power station. Stiles got out of the driver's seat and turned to Lydia and I before we could get out of the car.

"Okay. Wait here, all right? Just wait for the cops to come."

"Us? Wait, why?" I asked him

"I only got one bat." He said holding it up before he disappeared inside with Scott.

"Does he always carry a bat?" Lydia turned to look at me.

"I guess so. Hey...is it just me or is everything getti-"

Scott ran in the power station and found Kira tied to the floor.

"Scott! No! Look out!" Kira yelled.

Barrow hit him with an electrical line, which electrocuted him. The shock sent Scott flying to the ground. Barrow approached Kira with the sparking power line.

"Don't... She's not...She's not the one you want. No, Don't! Stop! No!" Scott yelled.

Barrow touched the line to Kira, and her body glowed. The substation exploded. Barrow appeared to be dead. Kira absorbed all the electricity into her hands as Scott watched her. All of the power in beacon hills went out.

"Scarlett!" Lydia screamed at me, bringing me out of my vision.

.

.

.

.

.

Stiles, Scott, Lydia, Kira, and I are in the Sherriff's station. Scott's dad, aka Agent McCall, was asking us questions about the incident and Stiles' dad was behind him just listening.