Chapter 6

“So Stiles told you, huh?” Isaac said as he awkwardly shifted away from me.

 “Yeah” I whispered as I let out a sigh.

Ever since the incident in the woods, things have been awkward between Isaac and I. Maybe he thought I wouldn’t look at him the same way after finding out that he’s a werewolf. If only I could just tell him I was different too. But what I didn’t understand is why Isaac left me in the woods after he got Aiden off of me. I was going to ask him but just as I was about to Allison came up to us.

“Hey Isaac.” She said with a smile on her face. But the smile soon disappeared once she saw me. That’s weird.

“Scarlett.” She said eyeing me up and down.

She leaned into Isaac’s ear and whispered something. I couldn’t quite catch what she said, but it must have been something interesting since Isaac started blushing. I coughed to get their attention back.

“Well I gotta go. Remember to do it soon Isaac.” She said as she winked and walked down the hall.

Was she flirting with him? No, Allison would never do that to me.

“So Isaac, I’ve been meaning to ask you something.“ I said as I looked down.

“Why did you leave me alone in the woods once you got Aiden off of me?”

I waited but go no reply. That was until I looked up and noticed he wasn’t paying attention to me, but to Allison across the hall. And hell, he sure was enjoying it because he had the biggest grin on his face.

“Hello? Isaac, are you listening to me?”

But I still got no reply. I felt really insecure and I was about to walk away when Stiles ran up to me and engulfed me in a hug. I’ve got to admit, Stiles gives the best hugs. He pulled away and noticed Isaac staring at Allison.

“Isn’t that your dress Scarlett?”

“Yeah, I let her borrow it.” I said crossing my arms feeling even more insecure. Isaac never looked at me like that when I wore it.

“Oh, hey Stiles.”

Isaac finally said after he was done drooling over Allison.

“Dude, were you just checking out Allison in front of Scarlett?”

Isaac shook his head at Stiles and glanced one more time over at Allison.

“No, it’s just that she looks really pretty today with that dress on. You should ask her to borrow it someday Scarlett.”

I was shocked and I didn’t know how to reply.

“Y-yeah. I should.” I said with a fake smile on my face. I knew Stiles was about to do something to Isaac so I gave him a look telling him not to.

“Either ways, remember I’m performing tonight and I want to see both of you in the front row.”

I was going to be playing the piano in the annual talent show. Stiles smirked and attacked me with another one of his hugs.

“Of course I remember! I marked the date and everything. It’s a special day for you. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” He said with the goofiest smile on his face.

“Oh that’s tonight? I totally forgot.” Isaac said causing Stiles to give him a death glare.

“But you’re coming right?”

Tonight means a lot to me because I get to do what I love the most in front of a lot of people.

“Yeah I’ll be there in the front row. I promise.”