Chapter 22

I stare at him, my eyes wide and time completely still. He's looking down at his hands with a pained expression on his face and his hair falling over one eye.

"Y-you.." I start, only to not be able to finish.

"Yeah." He says, his voice hushed. I feel pity and confusion for a second before full anger ignites an everlasting flame throughout my body. I clench my fists.

"Who the hell did it?" I say, my voice getting louder. Viktor looks up and into my eyes, shock written all over his face. "I'll kill them!" I yell.

I can't seem to control my volume and voice right now. I've never been this angry in my life.

"I-it.." He starts, sighing. "It was my babysitter. My parents thought I needed one until the age of ten and so I had the exact same woman for seven years, just repeated days and nights of it."

My eyes widen at his next words.

"But when I told my parents, they never believed me."

I see tears start to fill his eyes getting ready to spill and I get down on the ground in front of him, my back rested against the bedframe and my legs on each side of his body. I stare into his eyes with my hands on his shoulders and he glances up to catch my gaze, obviously trying to stop the tears from falling.

"Viktor," I whisper, then taking his body in my arms and hugging him to me. He seems taken off guard for a moment before hugging me back, lightly at first but then tighter and tighter as he starts to cry.

"Hey, hey." I say, hugging him tighter to me. "Viktor, I'll wait as long as you need me to. I'd wait ten years if that's what you need."

I feel his tears landing on the back of my shirt and he digs his face into the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry.." He says, whimpering. "Crying over something like this.. I'm a 28 year old man.."

I grasp onto his back tight and put one hand in his hair, running my fingers through it.

"No, Viktor, don't apologize." I whisper. "I cried over thunder and lightening, remember? This is something that's okay to cry over.."

"B-but, Yuri.."

"Shh, baby, it's alright." I say. I feel him tense up a little at the pet name before he gently laughs, sniffling.

"I could get used to that name."

I smile softly and close my eyes, taking in the gentle fragrance of his cologne.

We sit in that position for a couple minutes before I finally whisper something into his ear, then kiss his hair.

"I'll wait for you, my dear. I promise."

He laughs lightly before pulling away slightly and looking into my eyes. He stares at me with a gentle look on his face and in his glossy blue eyes before smiling.

His next words leave me speechless, barely breathing.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Yuri."

My eyes widen and I stare at him.

"H-how?" I say, my eyes filling with tears. I look down towards the floor and a silent tear falls down my cheek. "I'm stubborn, obnoxious, rude, and certainly not good enough to be with someone as amazing as you."

Before I know it I feel him lifting up my chin gently and he crashes his lips onto mine. I kiss him back for a few moments before he pulls away, keeping our faces a mere few inches apart.

"Yuri," he whispers, his voice low. "Never, ever say that about yourself again. You are my entire world. I've only known you for a few weeks but I'm already completely certain I couldn't live a split second of my life without you."