Chapter 45

Viktor and I walk into the rink, my heart already speeding up a mile a minute as I take a glance around.

"You nervous?" Viktor asks me, a slight smirk on his face.

"Dumbass, of course I am." I sigh, clutching onto the bottom of my t shirt. "I just.. I just have a really bad feeling about all of this. W-What if I end up screwing something up? What if I fall? What if you.." a small frown made its way over my lips. "What if you-"

Before I finish my sentence, Viktor grabs my wrist and pulls me aside, opening what seemed to be a clothes closet and pushing me inside. He looks around to make sure nobody's watching, before closing it behind him and pushing me hard against the wall.

"V-Viktor-"

"What do I have to say to get it through your brain that I will not leave you?" He whispers, his breathing becoming heavier by the second and his eyes seeming to change into a darker color.

"I-I-"

I'm completely lost for words, I hadn't seen Viktor this aggressive towards my insecurities in a while. He just stares at me, his eyes showing his determination as he bit his lip.

Suddenly he flew towards me, pushing my back harder against the cold wall as he smashed his lips onto mine, his emotions completely evident through the kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck, hungrily asking for more as my tongue slips past his parted lips.

He lets me in, a low moan escaping from his throat as he holds onto my shoulders harshly, his fingernails digging into the skin.

For some reason.. It didn't hurt, just turned me on more.

"V.." I choke out, my face a bright red as his lips trailed down my jaw. "Vitya, we c-can't,"

He plants small kisses on my neck, sliding his tongue along them afterwards and checking to make sure he hadn't made any actual hickies.

"I swear to God, Viktor," I pant, tugging at his hair. "If you left any hickies, I will kill you,"

"I didn't," he breathes, pulling away to stare into my eyes through the dim light of the room.

"What do I have to say?" He whispers, pulling me away from the wall to hug me tight, showing a pained expression before he stuffs his face into my shoulder. "What do I have to do to make you believe I love you more than life itself? To make you stop doubting me?"

I just sigh, keeping my arms by my side because at this point, I simply just don't have enough energy to hug back.

"I'm just so scared," I whisper, trying my absolute hardest not to cry in front of him.

I already do that enough.

"Of what, Yuri?"

"Something changing." I whisper, my breathing shaky. "I'm so happy right now with you. I've never been this happy in my life, b-but no happiness ever lasts for me, a-and I don't want to lose you,"

"You won't."

"B-But Viktor, how can you b-be so sure-"

"You. won't." He says, his face serious as he pulls away and stares hard into my eyes. "I promise."

I stare back, my face blank as my lips parted slightly.

"Do you promise me as well?" He asks, his eyes growing wider by the second.

I take a moment, closing my mouth and showing him a soft smile.

"Yes."

I chose to believe him that nothing would happen to us.

But for some reason, even though my mind agreed..

My heart didn't.

•••
A/n: this was short sorry guys I'll update again soon I'm doing homework atm