Chapter 18 ~ Creepy Caller

Ahlam's POV

Ahlhamdulillah. I couldn't be happier than finally landing a secure job.

After the interrogation was over, Mr. Marcolini congratulated me on getting the job.

as I  was walking out the door after thanking him, he called me back.

"I was just wondering how a person like in terms of acquiring more than three degrees is doing applying for a secretarial position at our company?" He asked with a blank face.

I'm guessing his blank face is a way of concealing his concerns.

Does he think I applied for this company to spy and get information?

"Just looking for a fresh start." I reply with passive face.

Nodding his head, he stands up buttoning his suit jacket and walks past me, probably towards his office.

"We'll see you on Monday morning for your training Ahlam." Miss Donna states as she walks me to the elevator.

"Thank you. Have a nice day." I reply as I get into the elevator.

Alone in the elevator, I can't stop thinking about what Mr. Marcolini said about this job and my degrees.

I know that I'm overqualified for the position as well as the diner, and thank God, at least he didn't ask about working there.

What would I have said, "I'm working there to hide?"

The shrill of my ringing phone brings back to reality.

Looking at the caller ID, I notice it's that creepy Unknown number once again.

Debating whether to answer or not, it stops ringing.

Sighing a breath of relief, I put the phone back in my purse.

Almost, just as I was putting it back, it starts ringing again.

This time however, without looking at the Id, I answer with, "Who is this?"

"Your awesome friend that believes in you more than anyone that you will nail this job. Now did you?" Khay answers.

"Oh. Yeah I did, Alhamdulillah. Are you outside?" I ask relieved that it was her and not that creepy caller again.

"Umm, yeah. Just wait in front of the building. I'm going to do a U-Turn and pick you up." She instructs.

Nodding my head, I hang up the phone.

Only after do I realized that she couldn't even see me.

Shrugging, I walk out of the building to wait on the sidewalk.

"You totally nodded, didn't you?" Khay asks as I get in the car.

"Hmm. Now what have you been up to this whole time. I know for a fact that you weren't just sitting in the car?" I ask.

"I went for a walk. Did you know that there's a park around the corner?" she asks pulling out of the sidewalk.

Surprised, I look out the window trying to see where it might be. But I couldn't see anything other than a busy street with men in business suits and women in heels that shouldn't even be legal.

"I said, around the corner, not across the street." Khay states smacking my arm.

Looking down at my itching arm, I just scratch it and make a pouty face.

Just as Khay tried to say something, she was cut off by the ringing of my phone.

Again, it's the creepy caller.

"Here answer this for me. I'm shaken up to even answer my own phone." I state putting the phone on speaker.

"Hello?" Khay asks.

Although no one is answering, we can still hear their heavy breathing.

"You're not Ahlam. Where is she?" A deep voice asks.

****************************

AN

Salaam everyone!

I'm sorry for taking so long to update. I started my new job as soon as I came from Africa.

I want to thank each and every one of you who stuck to this story until now. I really appreciate you guys.

I will try to update and finish this chapter over the weekends.

Thanks!

P.S Remember your prayers!!!!!