13. May We Meet Again

[Just a quick question. Do you like this idea for a new CS fic?^^ anyway, hope you enjoy my "fabulous" writing in this chapter.]

"Killian," She said once they stopped dancing and settled on their red sofa. He turned his head to face her, but found her eyes fixed on the ground instead of him. "I can't do this anymore."

"W-what do y-you me-mean?" The hint of fear, mixed with confusion was clearly audible in his voice as he stuttered.

"I-I," She struggled to find the appropriate use of words, but eventually she concluded only one phrase was suitable for her feelings. "I give up." She breathed as tears trickled down her face.

"On what?" He asked carefully as he reached for her hand, but she yanked it away quickly, knowing it would only make this worse.

"Everything," She sighed, still avoiding his desperate eyes. "I don't like my education, I keep hurting you and I ruin every good thing in my life." She explained. "I just can't do it anymore."

"Swan," He grabbed both of her hands before she could make any movement to block his actions. "We'll get through this, I promise. Just please don't give up." He cried. "I-I n-need you."

"I'm sorry, Killian." She brought her hand to his cheek and stroke his scar with her thumb. "You know I'm not a person who gives up easily. I just don't have any strength left to fight another battle. I hate to admit it, but I need a break." She freed herself from his touch and stood up, running her hands through her hair rapidly.

"What do you mean with 'a break'?" He stood up and followed her pace around the room.

"I'm going to attend to another college, a med school actually." She stopped talking for a couple of seconds, knowing the next words were going to hurt him in an indescribable way. "In Maastricht. It's one of the best ones in the world. I graduated cum laude, so I can get it without allotting."

"Okay, that makes things slightly different." He tried to orientate his mind, but failed in a horrible way that only made it worse. "But that doesn't mean things have to change." He grabbed her hand, silently begging for her to stay. Although he also wanted her to follow her dreams.

"Look," She sighed deeply. "You and both know we're not the people for a long-distance relationship. I also think it's good for us to take a break...with Albert-"

"Don't you dare mention that arse!" He warned her, rudely raising his voice. "I'm sorry. I just d-don't wa-want t-to l-lose you."

"You're not going to lose me, Killian." She stepped forward in his direction, linking their hands together and placing their threaded fingers on her chest. "I still love you, we just need to do delay our hopefully never ending love for a while."

"Well, if you truly want this." He choked on the toxic words. "Then who am I to stop you?" The tears were visible pricking behind his eyes, but he went through great trouble to hold them back.

"It's what I truly want, except for leaving you obviously." After that the atmosphere turned deadly quiet, so quiet you could hear a pin fall as Killian's feet were still glued to the floor. "If I do not do this now, I'll regret it for the rest of my life. We'll be together eventually, I promise. Just be patient." Her lips traveled to his and shared a sweet kiss that unintentionally would be their last for at least four years.

"Four years is a long time to be patient." He pointed out. She chuckled, pushing his chest slightly when he wanted to capture her lips again.

"I know," She agreed, debating in her mind whether a slight joke would cheer him up or do the exact opposite. "But it's worth it."

"I'll wait for you." He whispered, not sure if his words had reached her ears when she remained silent.

"Promise?" She desperately needed something she could hold onto forever before she would let him go for at least four whole years.

He reached out for the ring around her neck and held it in the palm of his hand with a tight grip, nearly crushing it. "Promise. I will wait a thousand years, remember?" She nodded, wrapping her arms around his mid-section so fast he jumped. She just needed a reminder that he would.

"Thank you." The warm skin of his neck muffled her grateful words as his arms slowly slid around her shoulders, barley leaving any life inside her body as he squeezed her as tight as he could.

*Two Weeks Later*

The airport was surprisingly quiet when he pulled up at the parking lot. She was indeed going to a med school in Maastricht and after that she could always choose if she wanted to become a vet or doctor. The fact that they hadn't had many physical during the last two weeks their relationship lasted wasn't something they were aware of. Neither of them acted like their relationship still existed and it made both doubt it did.

"I got it, Swan." He kindly offered her a charming smile as he grabbed her suitcases, but she couldn't seem to find the strength to return it properly.

While they walked towards the head entrance their fingers would occasionally brush, both hinting that they wanted to hold hands. But neither noticed the hints, both too terrified for the tearful goodbye that was yet to come.

The boarding went super smooth and soon they were standing outside the airplane, which would take Emma away from her true love...her soulmate.

"I guess this is it." She carefully told him, pressing her lips together as she whipped around.

"Please don't go." He begged, praying one last attempt to convince her staying was the best option. Although both knew it wasn't true. "I know, I'm sorry." He quickly added his apology when she sighed, too tired to go through all the trouble again. "It's just. You are comparable to my heart, without it I can't live. And with you it's the same."

She laughed, unintentionally harming Killian from the inside of his heart. "Don't get cheesy now, Killian." She tried to make a joke to, hoping it would lighten up the chilly air surrounding them, but her intention was used at the wrong moment.

"This isn't time for jokes, Swan." He groaned, rubbing his forehead. "I'm serious. I don't know what to do without you. I wouldn't be the person I am right now if it weren't for you."

"Stop." She cried as he gathered her into his arms for their last hug, last physical contact, and last insurance that they loved each other. "Don't you dare say goodbye, you know I don't know how to say goodbye." Tears streamed down her already semi-soaked cheeks as his salty tears began to prick behind his eyeballs. The sight of her crying could already make him cry an ocean of tears.

"I won't," He assured her. Her smile longed to curl into a smile when she realized it was unneeded to add the last. Her knew her well enough to know she hated them. "I just wanted to say that I love you, Emma Swan. And I believe what we share is true love and true love always finds a way."

"I love you, too, Killian bloody Jones." Now he wanted to let a smile appear on his face features because it was his "fault" that she was saying 'bloody' between her other words, but the moment couldn't have been more wrong.

"May we meet again."

"May we meet again." She repeated his words in the same way he had pronounced them.

Her hand brushed along his arm one last time as they bother would long forever. Her body presence would linger around his and the other way around too. Their souls were connected and they always felt something when the other felt extra sadness or joy.

As she walked up the stairs, which led towards the entrance of the flying machine - that's how Killian referred to it once and it made uncontrollably giggles escape her throat - the same thought drifted through their minds...'Goodbye, my love.'

[I'm officially a terrible, terrible human being. But do you think Killian's truly going to allow her to leave?