Chapter 11

It had been a week since the wedding and today was Christmas Eve. Today was going to be an extra busy day, they had dinner at their parents house but before that they had to attend Lauren's companies memorial services dinner party.

Considering she didn't deal well with seeing Elliot she was pretty sure it was going to be worse seeing all her surviving men and then having to sit there and watch the families of all the ones that didn't survive receive honorary medals on their behalf.

"Maybe we shouldn't go." Lauren said to Camila who was hanging up Lauren's blue uniform that they had just gotten back from the cleaners.

"You know we don't really have an option right?" She reminded her, when your the guest of honor you can't really not show up.

"I know but I really don't feel like going." She sighed, covering her face with the pillow.

"Don't you wanna see all your friends? See how they've been doing since the crash?" She asked.

"Not really no." She said bluntly but realized that might have not been the right answer to say out loud. "What I mean is, yeah I wanna see if they're doing okay but I don't really want to do it in such a formal setting. I don't know I guess I'm just not used to seeing them in this type of setting and I feel like things will be awkward." That was sort of true so technically she wasn't full on lying to Camila.

"Lauren you've know them for a while now, I'm pretty sure the conversations won't be much different than they were before. They still see you as their boss, so everything will be fine babe." She tried assuring the stressed out woman that laid in their bed.

"Come here and make out with me." Lauren held out her open arms. Camila shook her head and laughed but let herself fall onto Lauren. Camila was going for a small short kiss but Lauren has something different in mind. Man was she frustrated. After squeezing Camila's ass, Camila pulled away.

"Babe." She warned. "We can't." She said while Lauren huffed in frustration.

"Camz, we can. I promise I'll let you know if i have any pain." She tried persuading Camila by placing light kisses on her neck.

"I wholeheartedly  believe that you would not tell me." She laughed knowing Lauren would probably power through the pain just as long as they both got off. "Just two more weeks babe and we can have as much sex as you'd like." She joked, well sort of.

"Believe me I know, I'm counting down the days." She laughed, Camila made a move to get up but Lauren held her down. "Nooo don't get up." She whined.

"You have to get dressed and I have to go get the boys dresses. So come on." She got herself up and then extended her hands out so that Lauren could pull herself up. "Can you do it on your own or do you need help?"Noticing the wince on Lauren's face she asked her.

"I got it, you go get them dressed." She assured Camila she was capable of doing it on her own. Camila nodded and left to the boys room. They were still in the apartment mostly because it was easier for Lauren to get around but as soon as these two weeks passed they were moving into their new home.

Caspian was on the Xbox meanwhile Cameron was on his tablet watching YouTube videos.

"Boys it's time to get dressed." She said as she walked into the room. Both of them were still in their pj's because it was a Saturday and they had nothing to do all day. Both groaned and whined but eventually saw the scolding look on Camila's face and new it was time to get dressed.

The dinner was formal so they had to be dressed nice. Caspian was in a black suit with a red and blue plaid dress shirt with a red bow tie with a brown belt and brown dress shoes. Cameron was in a charcoal grey suit with a white dress shirt, pink and white polka dot bow tie a grey scarf with some black dress shoes.