AVENGE (17)

HOPEFULLY, I'LL BE UPDATING SOONER NOW AS MOST OF MY EXAMS HAVE BEEN FINISHED BUT THERE ARE STILL MORE TO COME DW THO I WILL BE TRYING HARDER TO UPLOAD FASTER. SO HERE'S THE SEVENTEENTH CHAPTER, I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY IT <3

WILLIAM

I didn't like keeping secrets from my Amelia and I certainly didn't like the fact that I had broken a promise I made with her but what was done had to be done so all I had to worry about now was that Amelia never found out about my betrayal. I would never let her know that I had gone behind her back and ordered my men to track down and kill Dimitri. I knew she had heard a bit of my conversation with Thomson earlier but I also knew she wasn't completely sure what we were talking about and I planned to keep it that way.

I sat in my throne, twirling a shimmering glass of fresh blood as the metallic taste of my previous gulps lingered on my taste buds. My eyes never left the blazing fire that roared in the fireplace which was chiseled into the ashy-black wall in front of me. A frenzy of thoughts spiraled into my head when I realized that I had promised Amelia that I'd consider giving her more time to contemplate her transformation ceremony but yet again I had lied. In a twisted way, I thought about my needs before my mate's and I knew that was utterly despicable but that was just my nature; a was a selfish bastard. There was no way that I was going to prolong our complete union any longer. 

Immediately, I began fantasizing about the idea of finally being able to feel all the pleasure that my little mate had to offer. I could feel my body tightening with desire when a vivid image of my large hands caressing Amelia's soft skin invaded my mind. I couldn't wait to finally indulge in that delicious, small body of her's. 

I let out a frustrated growl once my thoughts began getting more passionate but silenced once the familiar, vanilla scent of my Amelia penetrated my surrounding, instantly, calming my vexed nerves. A slow smile crept up my face when my angel trudged towards me in her drowsy state, wearing a tiny, white night dress making her seem innocently sexy. She kneeled down next to my legs before leaning her heavy head down on my knees. Instinctively my hands began massaging her scalp in an effort to comfort her. "Why are you up love? It's really late,"

She let out a cute yawn before answering, "because you weren't in bed and I can't sleep without you anymore," she mumbled shyly whilst burying her face into my legs. I let out a small chuckle in response to her adorable actions subsequently pulling her up into my lap.

"My queen, your wish is my command but as you can see," I articulated whilst pointing towards a stack of papers scattered on the huge mahogany desk place proudly in front of me, "I have a lot of work to finish," I concluded.

She let out another yawn and snuggled deeper into my chest, "It's okay, I'll keep you company while you finish your work and then we can go to sleep!!" she declared as her eyes began to flutter; it was evident that she was putting in an effort to keep them open. 

A peaceful silence settled over us as I began finishing up my paperwork that confirmed the areas which my troops were occupying. Approximately fifteen minutes had passed and I was almost through my work so I decided to head to bed with Amelia but when I peered down at the cherubic angel, I realized that she was already deeply asleep. I scoffed at her petty attempt to stay awake yet at the same time, my cold heart warmed at the fact that she was willing to sacrifice her sleep for me. No one had done something like that for me prior to this and it just made me feel needed, it was a good feeling.