DIMITRI (BONUS)

OKAY, GUYS FIRSTLY, I HAVE A CHEM PAPER COMING UP AND SO FML BUT ONE EXCITING THING, I GET TO FINALLY DISSECT SHIT IN BIO, YAY! I KNOW MANY FIND THAT GROTESQUE AND 'YUCKY' BUT TBH I AM VERY FASCINATED BY HOW AN ORGANISM'S BODY WORKS SO I AM VERY EXCITED. NOW ON TO THE CHAPTER, IT'S SAD AGAIN AND I LEGIT FEEL BAD RN BUT I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT...  

PS. PPL LISTEN TO ALL THE SONGS I PUT ABOVE WITH THEIR DISTINCTIVE CHAPTERS FOR THE REAL FEELS!

DIMITRI 

As William walked out I still couldn't comprehend the sacrifice he had made for Amelia. Yes, she was his mate but the fact that he was willing to go to such an extent for even her was astonishing. I was still on the floor, my back pressed against the pristine walls for support after the brawl with him. I was stunned yet there was a glimmer of joy that began settling within my chest as the realization set in about the fact that I could finally be with Amelia without any obstacle standing in my way but then I remembered, I failed, I failed Julia!

I could never move on with Amelia unless Julia's wish of better human conditions wasn't fulfilled, my conscious wouldn't let me. I had to finish what I started or I'd never completely be at peace. William may have given me a clean slate but he took away my power, my army and now I couldn't even do the one thing that would set me free of my past so that I could move on. 

I rose from the floor and turned towards Amelia to find her eyes wide as she continued to stare at the door through which William left and I realized something, she was more important to me than my vow. Perhaps my conscious would never let me move on but I could try damn hard until my very last breath and that was a long time so I was ready, ready to forget everything from my past and surrender myself to Amelia. It was the time I found my happiness again and deep within my heart I knew my Julia would want the same for me.

So with a determined mind, I walked towards the one bright thing in my miserable existence. She was still frozen in her position, eyes glazed over; I moved my hands underneath her chin and raised her dainty face up so that we both were peering into each other's eyes. "Amelia," I whispered in hopes of a response subsequently her eyes began fluttering open and close as her lips began quivering with small, delicate hiccups escaping her throat.

"What's wrong my angel?" I asked, worried about her.

"Don't, don't call me that," she murmured whilst wincing slightly at the endearment. Her face contorted into an expression of pain and all of a sudden she raised her arms up frantically before running them through her scalp in a frustrated manner. "This doesn't make sense. I'm happy, I'm free," she began murmuring in hushed whispers whilst pacing back and forth.

I was confused, utterly confused because I'd expected a more positive reaction from her due to our very unexpected freedom but instead she was, hysterical. Tears were streaming down her face as she moved around like a crazed person; what was happening? "Amelia, what is wrong?" I questioned again, this time avoiding the sensitive endearment.

Abruptly she came to halt and faced my direction, "what's wrong is, he was supposed to be the bad guy, no he wasn't supposed to, he is the bad guy. One act of kindness doesn't change the fact that he's a manipulative son of a bitch, he still hasn't given humans their basic rights and I'm a hundred percent sure he will never cease his tyrannical ways but then why the hell did he have to go out of his way and sacrifice his love for me? It doesn't make sense; I had a picture of him as a villain who didn't give a shit about me but then he does this! How could he just leave me?" she enunciated with deep breaths as if holding something extremely intense back.

"How the hell did he put me before him? He's the malicious King  I was supposed to escape and you were the shining prince I was destined to be with but then why the hell does every nerve in my body want to run after him? Maybe, just maybe this mate thing isn't as ludicrous as I made it out to be; maybe William and I are really meant for each other because obscurely it all makes sense with him!" she cried out with sheer exasperation.

As she finished her rant I closed my eyes as a pain settled in my chest; it felt unbearable but I couldn't let her see me like that so I opened my eyes wide and bore them into her warm,   cocoa-coloured ones with an expression of what I hoped was a placid indifference. "I'm glad you realized you're meant to be with that monster because honestly, I couldn't let someone like you tarnish the pure memory of my Julia I was just far too kind for my own good so I couldn't tell you so directly but now that you know, it'd be best if you left," I replied nonchalantly but every single word was a venomous lie that hurt more than witnessing the death of my one true mate but this was all for her, all for Amelia because she deserved whatever she desired and unfortunately it was clear as day that the only one she wanted was William.

Her saddened yet frustrated gaze morphed into one of confusion before settling on a sorrowful expression, "I know what you're trying to do Dimitri but it won't work because I've made a commitment to you plus I just time to forget him because I do have feelings for you and I still believe you are the right guy!" she exclaimed.

"I may be the right guy but I'm not the right guy for you," I answered with a bitter laugh, "I guess you already know I only said those things to make you leave but since that failed, let me try honesty. If you don't go to him you will regret it for the rest of your life and I can't have that so go to him and don't you dare worry about me. I hate to admit this but you belong with him," the fake amusement almost convinced even me that the situation was amusing and not heartbreakingly agonizing.

"But you don't have anyone Dimitri. Everyone is dead, including Margo," she bemused with her eyes filling with tears once again and frustratingly that what pained me more than the death of my ex-lover "I want to be there for you!" she countered; a small smile made it's way up to my face, oh I wanted her to be there for me too!

"Have you had a good look at me, Amelia I could get anyone I wanted," I humoured with a wink causing her to release a giggle followed by a heart-wrenching sob. 

I took slow steps towards her before bending down a little to come face to face with her, "one last time," I muttered before planting a kiss on her soft lips. This kiss was goodbye, filled with sadness and anguish yet a sense of freedom and calm, it was beautiful but it was final and perhaps that's what made it so perfect.

Begrudgingly I pulled away and gave her one last look, "See you in another life, my sweet Amelia," I mumbled before speeding out, for once I couldn't be more thankful for the vampire perk of super speed because if I had taken another look at her, even accidentally, I wouldn't have been able to let go. Finally, I found myself amidst a deserted forest. Think, collosol oaks mantled me as wisps of the serene wind brushed past with tall, lush grass blades grazing my exposed ankles. It was calm, tranquil. 

Soon I found myself falling to my knees and letting out a boisterous and robust cry of pain. How the hell could I lose the one thing that could bring me joy after decades? Amelia was no longer mine but then again when was she ever. I failed at Julia's cause for human rights and I failed at my second chance at love, there was nothing left here anymore.

It was the time I reunited with my Julia; I needed her more than ever now...