DEPARTURE (25)

OKAY SO AFTER A LOT OF COMMENT READING I'VE CONCLUDED THAT THE MAJORITY SUPPORT THE DIMITRI AND AMELIA SHIP AND THAT I ADMIT I TOO LOVE THAT SHIP VERY MUCH BUT HOPEFULLY THIS CHAPTER EXHIBITS ANOTHER LAYER TO OUR VILLAINOUS WILLIAM; TBH I LOVED WILLIAM IN THIS CHAPTER. 

ON ANOTHER NOTE, RECEIVED THE NEWS OF ANOTHER EXAM.... AT THIS POINT I'M DONE STUDYING SO MEH, NOT EVEN GONNA TRY AND HOPE THAT MY GENERAL KNOWLEDGE GETS ME THROUGH. ANYWAYS ENJOY THE CHAPTER! 

OH MY GOD! SORRY FOR THE INTERRUPTION I KEEP FORGETTING TO DO THIS BUT I HAVE RECEIVED THIS AMAZING NEW COVER FROM @Crazygirlwithglasses, SO THIS WILL BE THE NEW COVER OF TVKYM! YAY! FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO HER AND IF ANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE AN AWESOME COVER LIKE THIS JUST CONTACT HER <3

WILLIAM

I finally had her back and there was no other victory sweeter I could think of. As her delicate body fit against mine I couldn't help but take a whiff of her sweet vanilla scent that had craved so very much during all those dreadful days she was not by my side.

I was in bliss, her body pressed against mine gave me comfort and after such a long wait I was finally content until his scent permeated my senses effectively leading me to push Amelia behind me and facing the bastard that was hell-bent on trying to take my everything. I could feel my angel's tiny arms encircle around my abdomen and it seemed Dimitri noticed that too but instead of the raged expression, I expected to see as a response his eyes held a kind of sorrow that had seen only once before, the time I killed Julia. 

I couldn't comprehend why it would hurt him that my mate was displaying affection to me; if he held some sort of attraction towards her, which I was very sure he did, he would've been angry not in despair. The only credible explanation for that kind of grief could be that Dimitri had Amelia at one point meaning that my mate had allowed herself to stray from our bond and accept another man. The realisation hit me hard; my little mate had given heart to Dimitri. I wanted to feel furious, wanted the burning hate to flow through my veins but instead, all I felt was sheer devastation from her betrayal. I had never felt so hurt and it was killing me; I wanted to be in power again but I couldn't seem to move myself; I was stunned.

Slowly I removed myself away from Amelia and turned my back on Dimitri to face her; if these were normal circumstances I would've never faced away from an enemy but these weren't normal circumstances. "Were you here on purpose?" I asked; I had always assumed that Elizabeth was the one who kidnapped her subsequently leading Dimitri to force her in his constrain but perhaps she chose to stay with him and that thought was utterly daunting.

She didn't answer instead choosing to remain silent and that was answer enough but I needed more so with the rage that had begun to build up within me, I grabbed her delicate shoulders in a firm grip before jerking her with slight force causing her to release a whimper and a threatening growl to erupt from behind me, intensifying my fury. My storming eyes bore into her shimmering chocolate one's when I felt the bastard's hand on the nape of my neck, "don't touch her!" he ordered and that's when I lost it.

I whirled around and pinned the f*cker down consequently causing Amelia to release a bewildered scream. "Don't you ever tell me what to do with my mate! MY mate!" I roared delivering a vigorous punch to his jaw. I knew I was more powerful than him but he wasn't too far off as we were approximately the same age and with age, our strength too increased. Blood began dripping out of his mouth due to the sheer force of my punch which triggered a shove from him and soon the both of us found ourselves on the floor, fighting one another with all our power. He had gotten quite a few hits on me but I had finally gotten my hold on him and released all the aggression that had piled up within me. 

I don't know what happened but just like before the anger just perished and I was left behind with pain, sheer pain. As I stood atop a badly injured Dimitri I found myself questioning the extent of my love for Amelia and I came to the conclusion that I, in fact, loved her more than anything in my life and to be honest she was probably the only thing I ever loved but if she didn't love me then what the hell was I doing. She wanted to rid herself of our bond from the first day we met and she proceeded to fall for Dimitri though our bond was still very much intact which just fortifies the notion that the only moments of affection I received from Amelia were because of our bond, not because she loved me. 

I couldn't explain the burning hurt within my chest; I wasn't physically injured but it pained more than anything I'd ever received and as a vampire, I should've healed imminently but the inkling feeling in the back of my head told me that this pain would never end, it was perpetual like my immortality. So for the first time in my life, I did something I thought I'd never be able to do; I sacrificed my need for the woman I loved. I reached my hand forward to my enemy and lifted him up. Dimitri's eyes were full of suspicion but he was too frail to fight my actions. Hooking his right hand across my neck, I walked him to Amelia's tiny frame and dropped him to her feet. Her eyes filled tears looked up at me with confusion and I couldn't stop the small, pained smile that crept up to my face; she'd finally be happy and surprisingly I came to the conclusion that possibly that was enough for me.

I looked down at Dimitri who seemed to be struggling to stay awake, "Leave, find a new life with her anyways your whole army is dead. Never show yourself here again. This time I'm really granting you a clean slate, you're lucky but don't push it and one last thing, if I hear that my ange- Amelia was hurt in your care, I'll give you a fate worse than death," I enunciated watching his eyes flutter open, wide with surprise and bewilderment.

I took a good look at my little mate because I knew it'd be the last time, her unruly, mocha locks, shimmering, chocolate eyes, pink, plump lips and that adorable, tiny yet lithe frame. How badly I wanted to take her into my arms one last time but I knew if I did that, I'd never let go. I let out a bitter chuckle at the irony of the only person that held the power to break me down was now with my enemy and I was the one handing her away. I took one last look at her before muttering the three words I thought I'd never say, "goodbye my love,"

As I walked out the mansion gates, walking over the miscellaneous pieces of body and gore scattered on the floor I felt the unusually icy wind nip at the skin on my face; I raised my hand to touch my cheeks and astonishingly found them wet. I let out another laugh; the very thing I'd criticised humans on were their frivolous tears and yet another irony was that now I was among those who I considered weak. Obscurely the drops of salty water wouldn't stop rolling down my face, tear after tear and it was getting rather frustrating. 

The old William never cried, he never showed emotion and he certainly never sacrificed but like I had established once before, I wasn't the old William any more; she changed me. With that being said, I ordered Thomson to call back the troops and headed back to my isolated castle, alone, without the sole reason for my prison-like existence.