Straight vs Gay

Art class.

As soon as I walk into the studio lined with canvases, I have the overwhelming urge to run in the other direction. Of all the non-major electives I could have chosen, I had to pick the one that I knew I would suck at.

"It's not too late to drop," I quietly remind myself, but when more people walk in behind me, I don't have the guts to turn around anymore.

"You look lost," a deep voice says behind me.

I turn around and face the owner, clad in a purple silk buttondown, tailored jeans, and some loafers with the Gucci logo as he sets his things down at one of the tables. He flashes me a smile that sort of looks like a rectangle when I look at him. "No, I'm in this class. Art studio, right?"

"Sorry," he chuckles, "I saw the dancer bun. Are you an art minor?"

"No, just needed a non-major elective," I tell him.

"Aren't you going to sit?" He quirks an eyebrow at me and pats the stool next to him. "I promise I won't bite."

I giggle slightly and sit down next to him. "Someone said that to me in my last class, and for a second, I thought he actually might."

"Yikes, sweetie, you need better taste in men." He hands his hand out to me to shake. "I'm Kim Sunoh, but everyone calls me Sunny."

"Anna Kang," I smile and shake his hand. "Are you a first year?"

"Yeah, are you?"

"I am," I nod. Then I remember that Seonghwa and Hongjoong said they came from a big family, and Sunny is just as handsome as they are. "You don't by chance have brothers that go to this school as well?"

"No, I'm the oldest in my family, but I'm guessing you talking about Hongjoong and Seonghwa?" He chuckles.

"Hongjoong is my RA," I explain.

"He's a really nice guy, both of them are." Sunny sighs and stares blankly. "It's a shame they're both straight. I grew up going to my dad's friends' houses all the time, and not one of their gorgeous sons ended up gay."

"Well, I grew up in a dance studio, so I was constantly surrounded by nothing but girls and a handful of boys that were definitely not attracted to me." I counter, and Sunny gawks back at me.

"Sounds like we lived each other's childhoods." Sunny pouts at me. "It's fate, we're star-crossed souls meant to find each other so we can help the other get some ass."

"Oh my god," I laugh, "I don't know about all that—"

"—Oh, I do." He smirks at me, but spaces out again while looking over my shoulder.

I follow his eyes to a boy with big doe eyes behind a pair of glasses and a strong jawline. He looks pretty young to be in college, maybe 16 or 17, but that doesn't stop Sunny from ogling him with his eyes.

Said boy almost passes by the classroom door, but when he notices Sunny, he stops and waves. "Hey Sunoh hyung! Is this your dad's class?"

"Ummmmmmm... uh—hey Beomgyu," Sunny bounces his knee against his stool. "N-no, my dad isn't teaching today. Are you taking classes here too?"

"Just Intro to Film and English Lit, although I wish I could be in Uncle Hobi's dance class too, but it's during my high school classes." Beomgyu shrugs and checks his watch. "Anyways, I have to run. See ya!"

He dashes down the hallway in search of his class, and Sunny groans into his folded arms while I fight back a laugh. "And that would be?"

"Beomgyu: my dad's best friend's son and the painfully-straight love of my life. He's funny and smart and kind of shy in a really cute way." He pouts with his thick eyebrows creased together. "Seventeen years I've known him, and it is like having the most delicious cake placed right in front of your face and knowing that you can't eat it."