Soju and Ice Cream

ROSE

I didn't think it was physically possible for someone to watch so much Harry Potter in one day but we're somehow already halfway through the Goblet of Fire movie. San's friend Yunho is still glued to the television and mouthing his favorite lines, whereas I'm fighting the urge to fall asleep.

"Sanie," I mumble to my friend, "can you be my pillow?"

San's smile forces his cavernous dimples out of hiding as he nods. "Of course."

I lay my head into his shoulder without another word, and listen to the sound of his heart beating rapidly in his chest.

"San," I move my head so I can hear better, "Your heart is racing."

"I know," he whispers back. He snatches a pillow and places it over his lap, but I already know what's going on.

"Please just don't say anything," he whimpers.

"San—"

"—I'm sorry, it might be best if you go," he runs away and into the bathroom, leaving me completely confused.

"What's with San?" Yunho finally turns around and sees me sitting by myself wondering the same thing.

"I, uh..." think I just gave him a boner... "should probably head back to my room. I have to get up early tomorrow."

"Okay," Yunho gives me a confused look, "do you want to wait for San before you go?"

"No, I should go now," I answer while rushing myself out the door. "Thanks for having me. I'll see you later."

"Bye," he squeaks out, but I'm already out the door.

"Holy shit," I whisper to myself once I'm back behind the safety of my own door.

It was just a coincidence

ANNA

After years of attending charity galas with my parents, the cameras are nothing new to me.

Being on the arm of an incredibly attractive man, on the other hand, is extremely new to me.

I try several times to remind myself that Seonghwa is just a person, but every time he smiles at me or holds my waist, that reminder falls silent underneath the racing of my own heartbeat in my ears. Our group is put into various arrangements of people, which now includes Seonghwa's mother, who is even more beautiful than I expected her to be.

"Yuka, honey, I am going to eat one of our beautiful sons pretty soon if you don't let me go inside and have some food," Jin whines like someone much younger than him might, although I've found that Seonghwa and Hongjoong's father is quite youthful both in appearance and in personality.

"I'd like to offer Taehyun," Seonghwa chuckles mischievously, "he still has some baby fat."

"Seonghwa, you watch your mouth." Jin scolds him. "No son of mine has baby fat. You're all perfect, just like me."

"And this is him sober," Hongjoong jokes under his breath, but his father manages to hear him.

"Should I tell the girls about the first time you went to Disneyland?" Jin threatens, and Hongjoong grows nervous.

"No sir," Hongjoong squeaks.

"Alright, let's get Dad inside before he has a temper tantrum," their mom laughs as she guides her husband inside with the rest of the family, plus Lisa and I, in tow.