Act 2: Part 5

Ryan

 The cavern was deeper than Ryan had originally thought, but he'd found iron and coal already. Enough for armor and swords for everyone.

"Hey Geoff!" He smiled at Geoff waiting for him to respond

"Hey!" the man stood from sitting on a tree stump, they began the slow trek back home. Michael and Gavin had brought back a feast fit for a king.

"Good job boys!" Ryan smiled.

"anything for the mad king" Michael laughed,  Ryan laughing along with the Jersey boy. Ray, Karane, and Jack  had prepared for the trip well.

"Tomorrow we leave!" Geoff smiled. They all went to bed early, of course Ryan awoke on Derse.

"I don't know Geoffrey" Michael's voice carried into his window and Ryan quickly joined. "Its not right, something is wrong"

"Nonsense Michael." Geoff crossed his arms.

"I don't know, he might be right?" Karane piped up.

"Your all just tired, now we'll wake up soon" Geoff began to float to his own tower.  Ryan began to float back but could only agree with Michael, something was wrong. His eyes opened to the sound of Geoff.

"Get up everyone! Time to move!" Most everyone groaned but sat up. They were all out the door quickly.

"Guys, something happened in the clouds over a couple nights" Ray piped up.

"Your picture clouds?"

"Yah, i don't think we should go into the  forest"

"Nonsense, everyone's being big baby's" Geoff pushed on into the trees.

"Geoff!"

"Sh!" They pushed om, Ryan found himself alone at the front of the group with Geoff.

"Hey Geoff?"

"Hmmm"

"I think Michael and Ray are right"

"you too?" He raised an eyebrow.

"there's a vibe, i can't can't shake it"

"Like What?"

"Unavoidable Death" Ryan said flatly.

"that's ridiculous" Geoff glared "I won't lose anyone to this game"

"I think that we should at least listen to what Ray has to say"

"If it will make you feel better. Ray?"

"Yah?" The Puerto Rican looked up.

"What happened in your clouds?"

"This did" Ray answered as they turned around.

The Forest was on fire.