Jori 1

Jori

?Son!?

?Dad man.? I groaned. I sat up and looked at the bump in the middle of his forehead, I refused to go shopping with him because it looked like a live bindi circulating across his head, for some odd peculiar reason looked like the light moving on the XBOX machine. I watched it and my heart was beating for time.

?Dad when is that thing gonna go.? I pointed at his head. He shrugged.

?I hit it quite hard.?

?No one's even gonna ask you for a lift, I feel to press it!? I said sitting up.

?Jori show some respect!? He sighed, he was such a softie.

?I didn't even say anything wrong!? He sighed and opened his wallet.

?You need to babysit Ryi today.? I sighed.

?Why can't he take care of his own baby, Lianne's there!? I said lying back, my free Saturday, to do some work, I'm gonna spend a day watching baby TV with my nephew, oh great.

?Please, eyy and here's 50, just for doing it.?

?Dad your such a good man,? I said taking the money. Get myself some hair products, these girls don't share, anyhow I don't know the chemicals in their Kera Care shit, so fuck them. ?So tell me why you married mum. She don't give shit.? I rolled my eyes.

?Jori!? He shouted. I sighed and lay back, and stared at the ceiling.

?And why is there condoms on the table??

?Why is one missing dad?? I said staring at him. He got uncomfortable. I laughed and looked at his forehead.

?Where did you get them??

?Where's one of them?? I said back, with dad, you could just talk to him like your friend, he doesn't give a shit, with mum, you might as well die. He looked at me long.

?I didn't take it.?

?Dad you lie!? I laughed. He slightly smiled. ?Mel or Natasha didn't take it, their girls, their men provide.?

?They have boyfriends!? He said defensively.

?Man where have you been, that bindi on your head is making you forget that asshole that came to our house last week, that's Melissa's man.? I laughed. Yes he's gonna kill her, she broke my glasses, because I used her cream, foolish girl.

?Oh that was her boyfriend??

?Yes and Natasha's man comes to our church, that one with the ?evil spirit? tall guy with the nasty picky hair. Shit he should cut that thing or comb it, what is he doing?? I said wondering.

?My little girl??

?That 14 year old girl, is no little girl, she knows more things than you and mum!? I sighed grinning, he gulped.

?You see dad, if I told mum, she won't believe me, she loves them because their girls, and they tell her about their daily life to her, and watch Nollywood with her, she hates me also because I don't want to join a cell group in church, it's a load of nansense!? I sighed.

?I see...? He said quietly.

?Yeah anyways, you took the condom on a sly and put the beer on top thinking I don't know, you sly man,? I laughed. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

?Urgh you and mum, that's cringe and a half,? I rubbed my face. He laughed and was quiet, he let Faith get away with murder. That little yellow bellied rat! If I brought a girl home, never gonna happen, they'd bomb me. He got up and tapped me.