Retrouvailles - One.*

---NARRATOR---

Luna Jill Mercado hates going on blind dates, she doesn't even like using any dating apps but nonetheless she found herself in a bar, an hour early and waiting for a guy her friends had forcefully set her up with. After her last relationship five years ago, she's never really dated or found any meaning in meeting up with other men. She would go out from time to time, have meaningless sex with men she meets every now and then but that's usually it though because she knows none of them can ever compare to what she lost.

She showed up for this one because she wants them to stop bothering her about her lack of romance, for them to stop telling her she can't be single forever or that she's never gonna get married if she doesn't go out and meet someone. She told them countless of times already that she's not planning on getting married but they never listened. They told her she's crazy for pining for a man she left so many years ago. If only they knew how much more complicated it was.  

"Luna Jill Mercado, you little bitch!" A blonde girl yelled as she walked towards Luna at the bar. It took her a few seconds to figure out who it was but as the girl opened her mouth again she remembered.

"Vivi, how are you?" She smiled as they hugged each other. 

"I'm fine, you know living life! Hindi ko alam nandito ka lang pala nag-tatago sa Canberra!"

"I'm not hiding though." She smiled through her teeth.

"Well it looks like it since no ones seen or heard from you! We thought you got pregnant or started a family already?! Did you get pregnant and started a family?" Luna shook her head. She doesn't know what's worse, going on a blind date or running into their college's biggest gossip.

"Okay. Okay. So... tell me, how the f*ck are you?!" Vivi asked as she sat at the stool beside her and proceeded to order a drink. She smiled and wondered how she can escape from her. She knows as soon as she leaves, she'll tell anyone and everyone who'd be willing to listen about seeing her.

"Seriously Luna, after all these years hindi ka parin nagba-bago. Isang tanong isang sagot." Vivi said after she told her as little as possible. She just smiled and she can tell the girl is losing interest. She slowly sipped her drink and stared at nothing hoping she'd leave.

"Oh you know what, I just remembered, there's a rumour going around... about Alex." Vivi paused as she looked at Luna. Her ears burn as she heard the name and maybe it showed on her face because Vivi moved closer to her and whispered.

"People are saying he's off the market coz he's engaged and some people say he's already married." She said softly that she almost didn't hear. She knows she's doing it on purpose because she wants to see her reaction but she didn't want to give her the satisfaction so she mustered the most sincere smile she could.

"Oh yea. That's nice." She said as she took a sip of her drink and checked her phone, acting as nonchalant as she can. It didn't take long for Vivi to finally lose interest and she finally left her at the bar.

She left soon as well, her emotions running amok, wondering what kind of girl was finally able to satisfy Lolo Al because she knows she was never in that list. She remembered how he looked at her with disgust the very first day they met. How he already knew every single thing about her before she step foot in their home. How he made her feel inadequate as she listed all the things he doesn't approve about her. He made her feel so small that she never even had the guts to tell Alex about that day.

Alex likes to believe that he was in control of his future, that he's able to choose for himself, that he can defy his grandfather's wishes as much as he wants and never receive punishment. What he doesn't know is that there are people who loves him so dearly that they were willing to sacrifice everything just so he can be happy.