DINGGA DINGGA.

---NATHAN---

It's the morning after the samgyupsal dinner at Emily's and as per my routine I'm already out at the park and doing my warm up stretches with Roxy. I looked towards the direction of the condo and checked my watch. It's almost 6 and I see no sign of the trio. 

"They probably overslept." I thought as I quickly sent a quick text to Emily and resumed stretching. I'll wait another five minutes and if she doesn't answer I'll just go. 

I met Anthony and Gigi a couple of days ago when all four of us happened to see each other at the supermarket near the condo, they said they're staying with Emily since her husbands away on a business trip and ever since then we bumped into each other every now and again and they've always invited me over to hang out with them.

They were both nice although Anthony paid special attention to me because according to Emily he's still reeling over a breakup and needed a form of distraction and un/fortunately he decided it would be me. I didn't mind though since he's very funny albeit very flirty. 

"Looks like they're not coming Roxy." I said as I scratched her ears. I was about to start running when I heard someone call me.

"Nathan!" I looked up and saw Emily running towards us and as soon as Roxy saw her she started jumping around.

"Sorry I'm late." She said to me as she knelt and gave Roxy a belly rub.

"No it's okay. Nasan sina Anthony?" I asked her.

"Pinilit ko silang gisingin pero syempre hindi sila bumangon and to think na si Anthony nag-yayang mag-jogging." She answered as she stood up.

"I kind of knew this was gonna happen though, they drank so much last night I'm sure they're hungover. You didn't have to come, I'm sure you're tired too. I usually go alone anyway."

"Nag-promise kaming tatlo na sasama kami sayo tsaka pwede naman akong mag-nap mamaya. Tsaka baka pag hindi kami sumipot hindi matuloy yung brunch offer mo."

"That won't happen since I don't break promises either. So, let's go?" She nodded and we started jogging as she launched into a tirade about how they were the ones who planned out the whole thing yesterday and now they wouldn't even wake up to see it through. 

"I sure hope they'd make it for breakfast though since I did say I'll repay you guys for dinner."

"Sus, ano ka ba? Of course they would since food is involved. Malamang pag-balik ko gising na yung mga yun and ready na agad kumain." 

We jogged along side each other as we talked about anything we could think of. Me and Emily actually clicked despite the initial annoyance she felt with me before, she was very easy to talk to, we have the same opinions on different topics and we actually like and hate the same things as if our brains are connected, something Anthony and Gigi pointed out last night.

"Wow ha eto na ba yung sinasabi nila na soulmates?"  Gigi said as she took another shot after Emily and I realized we listen to the same indie band.

"Uyyy! Inggit much! Akala ko pa naman tayo yung soulmates!" Anthony added as he held my hand I laughed at them and pointed out how it's a bit inappropriate since Emily's already married.

"Sus, my cousins an ass and Emily's way too good for him anyway!" Anthony said as he chugged the bottle he was drinking from, his face flush from all the alcohol he consumed. 

"Uyy, tama ka na nga. Lasing ka na." Emily said as she reached for the bottle he was holding.

"No I'm not! It's true anyway. You know what Nathan my cousins sucks anyway. Ligawan mo si Ems, ako bahala sayo!" He laughed.

"Uyy! Hindi pwede no, team Alex ako! Bagay kay Emily yung bad boy since masyado na tong mabait. Kelangan ni Emily ng konting thrill sa buhay!" Gigi said.

"What? Are you saying I'm boring?" I said as I acted offended.

"Whatever no! Hindi matatalo ang soulmates ng arra---" Anthony didn't get to finish his sentence because Emily stuffed his mouth with some beef and he couldn't help but chew and since he was already wasted he immediately forgot what he was saying and started on a tangent on how Emily's cooking was the best.

I looked at Emily as she ran a little bit ahead of me since she was the one holding Roxy's leash and leading her. Soulmates or not, I like hanging out with her and her friends, they're refreshing and actually gives my monotonous life a little thrill.

I just hope it doesn't cause problems with her husband. 

---ALEX---

"You look exhausted." Sheng Zhao noted as he sat in front me and started handing me some papers to sign and review for the final meeting later today.

"That's coz I am. Couldn't sleep last night."

"Why? What's bothering you now? You should be celebrating, you single-handedly cleaned up the mess your cousins made." He said.

"Just make sure this would blow their minds so were actually done and I can go home."

"Don't worry boss, I got this."

I checked my phone and after last night she hasn't texted or called me back. I blew up her phone after she hung up on me and after the fifth time I re-dialled she picked up.

"Who the hell was that?" I asked her.

"Ha?"

"There was a guy who came in with Gigi and Anthony." I told her.

"Ohhhh. Si Nathan, taga-dito siya sa condo."

"And?"

"...and??"

"Why is he there?"

"To have dinner."

"Si Alex ba yan?" I heard Anthony say in the background.

"Yea..."

"Cousin, can you not be a buzz kill and let us eat in peace?" Anthony said as he grabbed the phone from Emily.

"What the hell?! You're in my house just because---"

"Listen, so the plan is. Me, Gigi, Emily and Nathan are gonna eat samgyupsal as friends and maybe after a few drinks two of us will end up as lovers. You're not part of the plan. So please stop bothering BUT please make sure to bring souvenirs. Byeee!"

And after that her phone was turned off so all my calls went straight to voicemail. That stupid ass cousin and to think I was starting to tolerate him too. She has the time to make friends with random strangers but she doesn't even have the time to check up on me. 

I looked at my phone as if willing it to ring.

"Are you waiting for something important?" Sheng asked.

"No just thinking."

"I've been meaning to ask you since some people were saying you got married, is that true?" I nodded nonchalantly.

"Seriously? Not to be rude but I didn't think you'd be the type to settle down." I shrugged.

"Too bad there's this rooftop party happening tonight and I heard a bunch of VS models are in attendance. We could have celebrated there." 

"...I'll come." Why not? It's been a few months since I've been to a party and I'm about to accomplish something big and it warrants a celebration.

"You sure? I mean... it's THAT kind of party. You sure your wife wouldn't mind?" THAT kind huh? I looked at my empty messages and nodded. 

"She's open minded. She wouldn't mind. Send me the details later."

"Okay, you're the boss!"

If she's living it up while I'm gone why can't I do the same. She said it herself, we're just sex friends. No one said anything about being exclusive.