Meeting the Benefactor.

---ALEX---

"Wow, so this is her?! Dude! She's gorgeous!" Sabi ni Ed habang tinitingnan ang pictures ni Emily na kasama sa files na binigay ni Lolo.

Frederick 'Ed' Sarmiento. Long time friend at masasabi kong bestfriend ko. We grew up together, got into a whole lot of fights when we were still kids and we cleaned up our acts at the same year. I took business just like Lolo wanted and he graduated from law school just like what his family expected.

Isa siya sa mga nakakaalam at pinag-katiwalaan ko ng katotohanan tungkol sa pagpapa-kasal ko and being a lawyer he's also the one over-looking the pre-nup agreement.

"Tss. She's fine. Not a model but she's not hard to look at." Inabutan ko siya ng gin at naupo ako sa harap niya.

"Why date models when you're gonna have a wife like her?! Dude! Boobs!" Inabot nya sakin yung isa sa mga pictures na tinitingnan niya.

"Tss. You sound like a pervert." Binato ko yun pabalik sa kanya.

"Wow, touchy when it comes to the future missus?" Tumawa siya.

"Shut up, sigurado ka bang naayos mo ng kontrata?"

"Dude, I did. It's fool proof, no loop-holes and everything is to your advantage. Just like you wanted. You're going to get a divorce once you become the heir. If she asks for a divorce you stop giving her money and she tells your Lolo it's her fault and convince him that you had nothing to do with it. She stops working at the strip club and she can never ever tell your family about her past career, at all. That was all you wanted, right?" Tumango ako. Kinuha nya yung papeles sa coffee table at tiningnan yun.

"She didn't really demand anything from you. Just that she wanted to be paid 30k every month, she keeps working at the coffee shop and that you don't touch her without permission. She actually seems nice, not like the other 'gold diggers' I met. To be honest, it doesn't really look like she is one."

"Tss. Ngayon lang yan, pretty sure after we get married she's gonna ask for more and what's with the last one anyway. I can't touch her? She's gonna be my wife. San siya nakakita ng mag-asawa na walang physical interactions? She used to be a prostitute! She's been held by all sorts of men!"

"Did you read her file at all? She's not a prostitute. She's a dancer, a stripper. For your eyes only lang trabaho niya."

"I don't care. Hindi ka pa ba aalis? I'm meeting her in a few minutes."

"Really? Sama ko! I wanna meet her. She looks gorgeous in pictures what more pa sa personal?"

"Tch, you can't. We're meeting the old man today."

---EMILY---

"OMG! Ang ganda naman nito, Ems! Sobrang elegante ng details. Malamang sobrang mahal nito. Tinanong mo ba kung magkano?" Tanong ni Gigi habang tinitingnan niya yung wedding gown na isusuot ko. 

Nasa isang bridal shop kami ngayon, final fitting na kasi ng wedding gown ko. Coz in just three days ikakasal na ako. Ikakasal sa isang lalaking nakilala ko just a week ago. Sa isang lalaking binayaran lang ako para ikasal sa kanya. 

In three days I will be officially sold. 

In three days my whole life will change.

In three days I would be living in a big fat lie.

Napansin ni Gigi na tahimik ako kaya naman naupo siya sa tabi ko.

"Ems, okay ka lang?" Tanong niya, tumango ako but I know she understands that I'm not. Sino bang magiging okay sa ganitong sitwasyon?