Ch14 - Karma

Ch14 - Karma

I've spent hours doing nothing, messing about and trying to recall what had happened today and last night.

My head was pounding and I couldn't get him off my mind, I knew it was wrong and mostly weird but it felt like he's known me forever and vise versa. When ever I was around him I felt so happy, I just couldn't get it through my head.

Maybe my obsession with him had gone a little too far?

I walked over to the couch and sat down breathing heavily my hands running through my hair. I pressed the on button on the remote when a news report came on.

Gasping I shook off my unhappy state watching attentively to what the reporter had to say. "This Gotham News here! In the centre of Ace chemicals where it was said that the infamous Joker had gotten his white complexion had surprised all of us with his new victim, which means Batman will be here any minute. This is Valory Vale and keep watching!" The eager reporter was standing outside with no way in because the police had surrounded the whole place.

My eyes widened in shock.

This couldn't be happening...so this was his job!

I began to sweat hoping he wouldn't get hurt or hurt anyone around him, which he usually and undoubtably did.

With no choice left and with a heavy heart I ran around my apartment getting dressed for the sudden occasion of an outing. It wasn't my idea of a day off work and especially with the Joker running around the city like a madman that he was.

When I had finally arrived at the Ace Chemicals there were news reporters everywhere as well as the police including the GCPD. I had snuck around the back and entered the chemical plant through a hole in the wall, which everyone was clueless about, as his doctor I had to at least talk him out of hurting the innocent man he was holing hostage.

I wasn't saying that it was going to work but there was a point in trying.

Definitely.

Encouraging myself was one of the key factors I have learnt to do through the hard times and in wanting to become a doctor in the first place. Without self discipline I wouldn't of been working in Arkham and with a criminal mastermind for sure!

My eyes looked around the place, here at the bottom there were some sort of chemical vats and above me where metal pathways with which you could observe the chemicals below you. This place was just as big inside as outside, I bet on one hundred dollars that there were more levels and rooms to this than I could see right about now.

My nostrils were filled with a stench of toxins and sweat from whatever was in those vats. My skin felt uncomfortable just being here so I had decided to find the stairs that lead upstairs when I heard agonizing shouts.

Something deep down told me that I was yet to be familiar with this place.

"Please Mister Joker let me go!"

The voice sounded awfully familiar...

I scanned the whole place until I looked harder and saw a person tied up mid air on top of the boiling chemicals. Sadly I couldn't make out who it was because he was faced backwards towards me.

"Very poor choice of words pal Hahaha!" I heard him and saw him cackle as he let go of the rope that he was holding the innocent victim with.

"No stop!" I shouted my hands reaching out for the person as the Joker caught the rope holding it tightly.

I could see his eyes squeeze into beams of evilness as he spat out my name "Harleen Quinzel, never thought I wouldn't see you here!" He was on a plant higher than me and looked down at me as if a predator. "Come up here and join the fun!"