Ch33 - He's Poison

Ch33 - He's Poison

"Yes I am." He said proudly scratching his head, his eyebrows meeting with one another at the top of his head.

There was an enormous explosion.

It was as though a fist of orange flame had decided to punch it's way out of the main complex. bricks shattered. Smoke and fire rushed out. Thousands of pieces of glass and steel, a deadly rainfall, showered down. Alarms - shrill and deafening- erupted. A huge bite had been taken out of the side of the building. Out of this shock I felt myself issuing amid a mass of terrible sensations: the fearful blow of the explosion, the noise of glass, the hoarse howl of people, the rushing of men, the sudden gulf, the awful gulfing whirlpool of horror in the nut farm.

Get up and run Harley, run!

"No! I ain't no coward to run for my life! I'll stay back and help my friends." I had pushed myself off the ground my eyes watering as my head pounded.

Realization slapped me hard in the face.

Everyone was escaping through the massive hole that was made in the wall, all the guards had stood in front of it trying to somehow push back the inmates who longed the freedom that was practically handed to them on a silver plate.

My eyes darted all around the place, it was a huge big mess and whoever had planned this explosion perfectly knew what would happen of it. But who?

The Joker?

No

"But he had promised he'd come back for me."

"Those are just big stack of lies you are so foolish to believe my dear." A sweet voice called through the havoc. I recognized it grinning to myself.

"That's not true." I spun around and met face to face with none other than Poison Ivy herself. Her red locks lay curled on shoulders as she warmly offered me her loving embrace. The shimmering in the eyes never dying down as I took her hug and we left Arkham together with the help of her plant and men expertise. My front handsprings had helped me too in the quest to get over Dr. Arkham's bullshit, quite literally may I add.

She had opened the door to her car for me and I sat into rose bud my nostrils instantly filling with the scent of jasmine that lingered on Ivy herself. My eyes looked back at the guards who just stood outside Arkham and then some began to follow us, following our scent.  "You kissed 'em good." I cheered. The ones running after us were no longer seen.

She just gave me a sly smirk and faced the road again.

The motorway was grey and muggy. The rain had been falling for over 15 minutes, slapping hard on the windscreen and creating swishy, foggy smudges all over the glass. The radio was low and blurring sound; muffled voices jerked in and out of connection. The window was cold and wet with condensation, fat juicy droplets trickled down onto my numbed cheek. No one was talking; we were just sitting and listening, to the howl of the wind and the mutter of radio voices.

Finally we had reached her greenhouse in the outskirts of Gotham.

There was a gate of rough wood was as big as a cow and ivy cascaded over the fence, growing tendrils in every direction. The stone path was punctuated with weeds after every stone. The dishevelled, un-manicured lawn was more moss than grass and was over shadowed by huge weeping willow flowing down onto the dank and squishy ground. Clusters of defiant daffodils reared their golden heads amidst the gloom and there were smatters of fuchsia along side the scarlet and saffron hued primroses. In the middle of the garden there was a greenhouse, her greenhouse.