You Should Be Here

Song: You Should Be Here

Artist: Kehlani

"Baby..." Y/N spoke as she stared at him and caressed Keith's face. He faintly smiled before he grabbed her hand and kissed it before placing it down and walking away.

"...baby, please." She pleaded in a whisper as she watched him walk away from her. His tall stature disappear behind the door as Y/N let the tears cascade down her face. She didn't want to give up the relationship but it seem that it was already over. Keith was physically with her but mentally he had given up the relationship a long time ago.

_

"I missed you today. Did you have a good time on set?" Y/N asked she laid her head on Keith's chest. She liked to listening to his heartbeat, it would speed up when Y/N's eyes would graze into his or when her eyebrows would scrunch up when she would be confused. It would speed up when he was in love with her but he wasn't.

"Mhm..." Keith responded solemnly as he looked away from the girl in front of him. He knew if he looked down he would feel guilty for not being in love her anymore.

The room was silently as they both laid there thinking.

Y/N looked into his eyes and saw nothing. It was as if she was sleeping with a ghost. She gently lifted her body up. She closed her eyes and took a deep breathe. Her legs swung over his torso and she relaxed on his lap. She leaned down and gently kissed his lips but got no response in return. She rested her head against his forehead and looked him in the eyes. Her vision became blurry as she tried to get her thoughts together.

In a shaky voice she spoke, "I don't know who you are anymore. You're so distant. I haven't changed anything..." Y/N paused and found herself getting choked up by her own words."for you to...act like... act like you hate me. I don't understand..." Y/N whispered to him. She kissed his lips once making sure to linger. Her mind couldn't be playing tricks on her. He has to still love her.

"...the man I fell in love with Should Be Here." Y/N slowly removed herself from his lap as she rolled over and let the tears dampen her pillow.