Teach Me

A/N: Not my best but it's sweet and cute. The next imagine will be a requested one. I hope you guys enjoy the imagine!

"I can't do this. It feels like I'm in this relationship by myself. Show me something Keith or I'll just... I just show you the door." Even the argument seemed to be one sided as she stared at the man with fire in her eyes. Her heart felt weak and no longer wanted to raise its fist to pick up the heart of the other lover.

Keith's eyes scrunched his eyebrows in disbelief at her words. Every night his feet would sluggishly walk through the door after another day of work. Numbers swirled in front of him from the job before he could even see her face. " I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I provide for you and you're always taken care of."

The woman's hands flew up in frustration as she replayed the words spoken moments before. "I didn't get in a relationship with you so I can be taken care. I can do all that myself. I just want you; not your money."

The words flowing her mouth didn't seem to make sense to him. His mind couldn't find the problem with his behavior. "But that's me showing you love. Providing for you and making sure you're taken care of."

"Have you ever been in love? Tuh, are you even in love with me?" The girls head turned away from him; her eyes glossing over as her mind thought of the worst possible answer.

To hear her question his love left him confused. She was his first relationship and he was in love with her. His father told him this is what women liked and wanted; a provider but yet she was dissatisfied. "Yes and Yes. You're my first love and if I'm doing something wrong, tell me."

Y/N hands ran through his hair as their bodies made an imprint in the couch. His hands wrapped around her waist and his head on her breast using it as a pillow. He loved laying in between her legs while her fingers detangled through his curls. The laid in silence letting the episode of Criminal Minds watched them.

Her finger stopped playing in his hair when she felt his head moved into a position where his chin rested on her chest and he looked into her eyes. She looked down at him and smiled. Her dimples briefly coming out. Keith's stare was intense as he took in her beauty. He looked into her eyes and saw a slideshow of what was to come. He saw a white mermaid styled dress with a train following behind her while she walked down the aisle, he saw the closed eyes of his newborn in Y/N's decorated arm and her hand grabbing his as she clenched her teeth as they sat in a tattoo parlor getting matching tattoos.

He slowly crawled towards her face, not caring that her face had been painted with a clay mask. His lips touched hers and the feeling in his chest let him know that everything he saw was going to come true. He rested against her forehead, once again gazing into her eyes. "I love you so much, baby girl."

"I love you too, Powers"

"SHOW ME SOMETHING POWERS! ... do you even care? This 'be strong all the time' attitude has to stop. Be vulnerable" The arguing seemed to be the only thing they did. All she wanted was for him to stop blocking her out and to communicate. Every time she would move forward he would continue to take steps back until he was guarded by his past.

"I...I care about you and I... I..I love you." Silence fell in the room as they both looked at each other. Those combinations of words never came out his mouth in regards to her. He could write a book series on how he felt about her but things from his past would always stop him in his track, preventing him expressing himself.

Y/N felt her cheeks warm up. All the anger in her subsided and the once loud girl became timid. Her shoes became more interesting by the second as she replayed the words in her head. Keith nervously looked at her waiting for her response. It was small but it was a start. He almost missed when dark thoughts invaded his mind but they quickly faded when she mumbles an "I love you too."

A crowd stood around the couple watching the scene take place. Y/N glass smashed against the grass causing some of the wine to splash on Keith's shirt. His hands shook as he tried to hold the small box steadily.

"Baby, thank you for teaching me how to love someone as special as you. Thank you for being patient with me as I grew into this man I am today. Thank you, for this unconditional love that I hope you instill into our kids one day. I finally know how to love someone with all my heart and I wouldn't want anyone else to be my teacher. I'm no longer afraid. I want to continue to grow with you for eternity. So will you continue this journey with me as we enter marriage?"

Y/N's mouth remained shut but her eyes spoke so much. Her head gave him the answer he wanted. She said yes.