Can We Talk?

Song: Can We Talk?

Artist: Tevin Campbell

Keith watched Y/N across the room as she conversed with her friends and laughed. The moonlight illuminated her facial feature. Keith stood there drinking in her beauty.

"KP, you have to stop staring at her. Walk up to her and say something." Algee, Keith's best friend, spoke as he looked at Y/N too.

"I feel like we talked a million times. Well , at least in my head we did." Keith chuckled as he licked his lips and continued to stare at Y/N.

Algee smacked his lips as he laughed with his best friend. "Make those conversations a reality." Algee dapped up Keith and walked away, disappearing into the crowd of people.

Y/N's eyes finally met Keith's as she smiled and waved before quickly looking away. Keith's face turned bright red as he blushed. He waved back and put his hand on the back of his neck looking away while smiling to himself.

-

The party was winding down and people had begun to leave. Keith still hadn't mustered up the guts to talk to Y/N. Every time he tried to walk up to her, he would freeze up and walk away or when he had the confidence, another boy would swooped in and dance with her.

Keith was so frustrated. He was never this nervous around a girl before. He was in deep thought, battling with his feelings until he was interrupted by a hand laying on his shoulder.

"She's leaving bro. Go get her. You got this." Algee encouraged his friend. He patted his shoulder before he watched Keith walk away.

Y/N was walking out the door before she was gently pulled back into someone's chest. She slowly turned around and look at the 6'2 beauty. A tint of red was evident on his cheeks as he stared down into Y/N's eyes. His hands were clammy and he was stumbling over his words. Y/N chuckled as she watch Keith make a fool of himself. She found it cute.

She grabbed his face and bought it down to face her and flirtatiously said, "Yes Keith?" Her sweet and soft voice rang in his ear as their lips stood millimeters apart. He brushed his lips against her as he finally spoke.

"Can we talk?"