Do What I Gotta Do

Not my best but this song has been stuck in my head all day.

Song: Do What I Gotta Do

Artist: Ralph Tresvant

Keith gently closed the door and throwing his jacket on the couch. He closed his eyes and pressed his back against the door. He only had a few minutes of silence before he heard the sound the wood creaking as his girlfriend of 2 years, Y/N ran into his arms. He caught her just in time as she wrapped her legs around his torso.

"Hi baby," Y/N said as she repeatedly kissed his lips. He wasn't responding the way she wanted to but she let it go because he just got back from a long plane ride.

"...Hey" Keith spoke in a somber tone. He walked past his girlfriend into their shared bedroom leaving Y/N in the living room feeling dumbfounded.

Keith's hands ran over his face as he left the real world and became lost in thought. He loved Y/N so much but lately he's been feeling like being single. The fame was getting to him and he wanted to enjoy that new feeling independently. He wanted his freedom back. He was feeling like he was putting so much into the relationship that he was losing himself and he didn't want that anymore. He wanted to love himself first.

"...Keith...Keith," Y/N snapped her fingers in front of his face, trying to gain his attention. Keith jumped from out his trance and took Y/N's hand into his. When Y/N looked into his eyes she noticed they were glossy. Tears were threatening to fall over as he looked as Y/N's soft caring brown eyes that would always light up when she was excited or when she was interested. He then went to her hand and kissed them gently, the same ones that would send a fiery emotion every time they touched but this time it was different type of emotion. He was feeling sorrow flow through his body. His hand rubbed on her knuckles, repeatedly touching the spot where an engagement ring is supposed to rest.

Keith spoke barely above a whisper, " Baby, I don't think I can do this anymore. I just....," Keith had his head down as he continued. "... I just want to work on myself and my craft."

Y/N's hands slowly slipped out of Keith's. A tear fell on Keith's hand as he looked up and saw Y/N with her hand over her mouth crying. Keith pulled her whimpering body onto his lap and she let it all out in the crook of his neck. He sat there and rubbed her back, telling her how sorry he was but Y/N blocked him out. Her body was zombie- like as she got off his lap, wiped her face and proceeded to put her shoes on.

"Where you going?" Keith asked. He didn't want her leave just yet but he knew he couldn't stop it.

Y/N turned around, tears still stained her face as she responded sadly, "Anywhere but here. Give me a couple of days and I'll be out of your way." She put on a fake smile before she exited the room.

Once Keith heard the door shut; he took another deep sigh and fell backwards onto the bed. Hands ran down his face as he thought I can't believe I just did that.