Prolog

Normal Point of View

Everything started on this day, the day of the car accident, the day where Momoka had lost her parents, and the day she lost herself. If Momoka had remembered this day, she would be traumatized, and would blame herself on why her parents had died.

You see, on that day, it was a holiday; the first day of summer, to be precise. And Momoka knew how her parents loved holidays, where they fly to another country to stay there for vacation, to bond with each other, to be with each other. This year's summer vacation, Momoka had requested if they could go to Italy this year, she just suddenly wanted to study their cuisine and learn more on how to make the food and her own recipes. Of course, being the supportive parents they were, they had agreed, and booked a flight in advance to Italy, being more excited than Momoka.

"Today is the day! We cannot afford to be late!" Momoka loudly announces as she goes down the stairs, backpack and suitcase in hand. She was excited, enthusiastic about the fact that they were going to Italy. And if Momoka had remembered correctly, she had an acquaintance there in Italy that owned a fancy restaurant. If she was lucky, she might spot the restaurant and order a meal for herself!

"We know, sweetie," hummed Momoka's mother as she exited the kitchen, sunglasses on with a suitcase in hand. She may not be as excited as Momoka, but she couldn't wait to arrive at Italy, and be with her family.

"We have about three hours before our flight, honey," cooed Momoka's father, grabbing his car keys from the coffee table at the living room. He had his luggage at the car already, knowing full well that he didn't have enough time to squeeze it inside his car when it was fully packed by almost unnecessary things.

Momoka was the first to enter the car, she had everything she needed in her suitcase and backpack which she had prepared a few days ago. Awhile later, Momoka's parents also went inside the car, and Momoka's father started to drive towards the airport which was about half an hour away, depending on the traffic and all.

Momoka was then silent, watching the trees and buildings and everything they pass by.

However, it seems like Momoka's parents were not that excited anymore. Momoka had noticed that they were less enthusiastic when they entered the car, but she didn't mind it that much, since she herself had calm down while they were still at her home.

"Momoka, dear," called Momoka's mother, looking back for a few seconds to check if her daughter was listening to what she was going to say.

Nodding her head curtly, Momoka hums, "Yes?"

"You're about to finish elementary soon," smiled the older woman gently, looking at the road ahead.

"I have about three more years," rolling her eyes, the orange haired girl utters.

The only male sighs, taking that as a sign to step in the conversation. "What we're trying to get here is, we're enrolling you in a new school once you're done with elementary school," the man explains, stopping the car because there was a red light.

"No! I refuse!" Momoka's mood switches to a angry one when she knew what her parents were telling her. "I told you already before, I want to stay in a normal school, like where I am now!" She exclaims angrily, clenching her fists tightly.

When the light turns green once again, the car moved immediately, turning to the right and continued to go straight.

"We just want the best for you," said Momoka's father, staying calm to not make the matters worse.

But, unfortunately, Momoka's mother wasn't able to stay calm. "Listen to us, Momoka!" Raising her voice, the woman's eyes widened, "Think about our business, about your future!"