C25. Misunderstanding

Anyone who is close to Hanako could tell that she's acting strange after that unfinished conversation between her and the upperclassman. She wasn't the one to shake in fear or whatever, not the one to show weakness or whatsoever; she's usually the one showing dominance, or at least tries to show that she isn't someone who can be taken down easily.

Yet, Momoka can see the fear evident in her eyes. As she paid for their food and drinks, she noticed that she wasn't as talkative at all, and she looked the tiniest bit more paler than usual.

Momoka picked the same spot she sat on from the previous night, not wanting to catch any attention unto themselves.

Well, either way, they still have a pair of eyes watching them not so discreetly anymore.

Shou sat on the nearest seat, the smirk gone from his face. Despite his blank expression, one look in his eyes and Momoka can still see the mischief in them; he was up to something.

Keeping it to herself, Momoka just silently ate her ramen. They were quite hot against her tongue, though she didn't show any signs of being uncomfortable.

As for Hanako, the female slowly and silently ate her food. She didn't look up at all, eyes on her food. It was as if she was thinking of something so deep, so important.

Nevertheless, just like any silence Momoka had her whole life, the silence they have now was broken like shattered glass. And no, not by Hanako; but by Shou himself.

"To.. Answer your question," speaking slowly and cautiously, Shou looked up to see their reactions to his words. So far, they didn't show any signs of negativity, so he resumed. "I know your sister, and your sister's favorite were strawberries," he says, hoping they won't see through him.

There was just a feeling in her gut that she shouldn't listen, so she was about to retort to him but Hanako had beat her to it.

"You know.. Kamiko-nee?" Carefully, the black haired student asks, finally looking up and raising her eyebrows in question. Curiosity got the best of her, overcoming her fear.

"Mm," hummed the male, "In fact, I'm her senpai during our Tootsuki days," he revealed, nodding his head and acting as nonchalant as possible.

As Shou was speaking, Momoka became silent again and just ate her food. She wanted to finish as soon as possible so that she and Hanako can leave. There's just something about Shou that Momoka didn't like.

"How was she like?" Curiosity, and more curiosity led her to fall into his trap. Her eyes had a certain twinkle in them, and Momoka wanted nothing more than to break the spell right now and pull them out of the store; yet, right now wasn't exactly the right time.

"Wild, reckless," the two words left his mouth without even thinking, "Yet she's also smart and a good chef."

Hanako listened intently, getting more and more lost into her curiosity and the thirst to know more about how her sister was like back then. She chewed on her food as she listened, nodding her head from time to time to show that she's listening.

"From what I know, Kamiko was like your mother," at this statement, Shou glanced at Momoka, hoping that he would get a reaction out of her. "Like--"

Standing abruptly, Momoka shot Hanako a knowing look. "It's getting late, Hanako, we'll need to rest up for tomorrow," she instructed strictly, taking in hand her bag of snacks for later on.

"But, Momoka--"

"It's getting late," deciding that enough is enough, Shou agreed as well. "When the time is right, you'll know more about your sister," he says that with a small nod, mentally hoping that the younger ones would agree and leave.