C18. Eventful Journey

Turns out, the training camp wasn't that far away at all. It only took a few days before I found myself seated beside Hanako, waiting for the bus to be filled with students so that we could all go to where our destination for the training camp would be.

"This is so exciting!" Hanako cheers from beside me, a happy and flowery aura around her as she stared outside of the window to view the other buses being boarded by students as well.

"You can say that it's also making you nervous, you know," I tell her, rolling my eyes at her childishness. Ever since we knew about the training camp days ago, she wouldn't stop blabbering about anything related to that topic.

"Just imagine what kind of place we'll be at for the camp!" She just continues on to say, her fantasies too over the top for a training camp of Tootsuki.

".. I hope your expectations are ruined," bluntly, I say, crossing my arms in wait.

More students pass by our row, but I ignore.

When my phone rings, I immediately check it out to see who even has the decency to message me at this time.

--

From: brother Aki
Subject: none
Which bus are you in?

To: brother Aki
Subject: none
Bus 8 I think

--

He doesn't reply afterwards. And just as I was about to place my phone down, it rings.

Someone is calling. Glancing at the screen, I deadpanned.

Brother Aki is calling...

❮❮ ACCEPT ❯❯

But I answer anyway, knowing he'll be worried if I don't reply.

"Yes, hello, what is it?" Impatiently, I answered him.

"I'm going in the same bus, save me a seat," said the male, and I hear his breathing is slightly ragged.

"Huh? Who's that?" Hanako, being the nosey kid she is, asked me.

I obviously ignore her. "Why save you a seat? The bus is about to be full, Akira," I responded to Akira instead.

"That's why I said save me a seat! Ill I'll be there less in than five minutes."

"Is that Hayama-kun?!" Hanako doesn't forget to make a fuss, as always.

Hanako tries to get my phone from me, but I push her away. She's always been nosey about things that don't concern her!