C28. Results

❮ P A S T ❯

"I.. It's not what it looks like," guiltily, and also in fear, defended the twin who had blonde hair. She deattached her hand from the one that held hers, the warmth was all gone and it felt cold almost instantly. Her pink colored eyes stares back at blue colored ones in shame. She wanted the ground to swallow her up and end up in the fiery flames of hell for the crime she has commited.

The other twin's eyes turned much more shinier. She clenched her fists in rage, upon seeing two important people of her entire life. "How dare you lie to me!" She seethed, daringly taking one step forward to near towards the duo.

"Kei, calm down," with his ever so smooth voice, the only male between them said. He also felt the guilt eating him alive, but it probably wouldn't amount to what the twins felt right now. And he was right, honestly and painfully right.

"Both of you, liars!" But Kei didn't listen. Her body trembled, her voice wavered, but she still stood up with whatever was left of her pride.

"Kousei--.." Began the older among the twins, Mayu, lightly pushing the said male back. She didn't want him to get hurt. She knew what Kei was capable of when she was mad, but she could only blame herself.

"Mayu, this is my fault," pleaded Kousei, his lips forming a frown. He lost the light in his eyes that made Mayu almost agree.

Meanwhile, Kei just watched them. Her tears already cascading down her face, down her chin. She didn't even try to stop it. What was the point of hiding her pain?

"You knew this would happen! Why did you do it?!" Kei continued to yell at them crazily. She didn't care who saw her, she hardly cared anymore. What was the point of hiding it all when she has every single bit of her right to do so? Nothing is holding her back now.

"I'm telling you to calm down, Kei. I can explain--"

"No! It all makes sense now," Kei sniffed in a horrible and ugly manner it even disgusted her. She's never cried this hard ever since she was a tiny six year old girl, saying how unfair her parents were; but they both were caused by the same person. "You sometimes cancelling our dates, missing hang outs. And all for what?! For my older, much more better twin sister?!" She continues to cry out.

Mayu shook her head in denial. "We weren't doing anything serious!"

"Yet you dare do it behind my back?! Mayu, how could you?!" Kei is now wobbling. Then, she's on the carpeted floor of her mansion's living room.

Mayu follows, dropping on her knees and holding her sister. She held her like she was a fragile glass, even the tiniest wrong move would make everything much more worse.

"Kousei was planning on telling you. We were talking about it just now, before you walked in on us.." In a slow manner, Mayu explained. Her hands rubbed Kei's back soothingly. She knew it worked on Kei, it surely did work on herself all these years.

Kei pushed Mayu away, gritting her teeth. "If you had any amount of decency in your body, you wouldn't even think about it! You wouldn't be in love with Kousei! You wouldn't be going behind my back and plan how to destroy our relationship!"

Mayu had been angered and offended at the same time by what her sister had said. She clenched her teeth, growling, "I didn't want to destroy anything! I love you, and I love Kousei as well!"

The black haired female wiped her face of tears, and stood up to regain her composure. She still has the fire in her eyes, but more brighter and feirce that Mayu just knew what she was up to. The blonde stood up, too, and calmed herself down by taking a deep breath.