C8. The Fated Rivals

Momoka's Point of View

Two weeks later

Brushing my semi dried hair, I walked out of my room, sporting my new school uniform. The blazer fit just right, and even though the skirt was a tad bit shorter than I wanted it to be, my black stockings cover my legs from perverted males perfectly.

As I made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen to make my own breakfast and lunch, my phone rang, indicating a text message from someone.

--

From: Takumi
Subject: place
Where are you now?

--

Reading the message, I entered the kitchen and grab the ingredients I needs for my breakfast. When done, I decided to reply to Takumi's message.

--

To: Takumi
Subject: re: place
Still at home. I'm going to finish my breakfast then go out immediately.

--

Takumi didn't respond after my last message, so I resumed making my breakfast.

Ten minutes later, I was done making my breakfast, and I was happily munching on my breakfast sandwich, when I remembered I had to go or else I'll be late.

Getting a glass of water, I ate every last bit of my sandwich, then drank the whole glass of water.

Now that I was done with my breakfast, I made my way outside to get my bike, and journeyed my way to the place where the ceremony was held.

It wasn't that far, barely ten minutes had passed by. Stopping my bike behind a tree, I hid it there and casually made my way to the field where the opening ceremony was.

Coincidentally, I saw a certain familiar looking person pass by. Yukihira Souma.

So, was he accepted or not? Erina had said before that no one had passed her exam.

I was about to call out to him, but it was as if I couldn't because my voice wasn't projected enough. The redhead was soon out of earshot, and I sighed, shrugging my shoulders because I could probably talk to him later anyway, there could be a possibility that we have some or a class together.

Once again, I resumed my walk to where the students were walking to. Once I was there inside the squared field, I took a look around me, trying to see if I could find any familiar faces; most of them were just students I always pass by the hallways two months ago, but I really wanted to see someone I personally knew, not just by name or appearance.

Finally, spotting a familiar blonde, I squeezed my way towards that person. "Ikumi, long time no see," I greeted her with a gentle smile on my face. It was true, though, I haven't really seen her for quite a while, we didn't see each other last month, and neither of us contacted each other at all.