C2. Interesting People and Cook Offs

The first day of middle school for Momoka had already ended. And this, for once, Momoka knew she would yearn for. The school was nothing Momoka had imagined, and she also learned many things and found some people that interested her.

First up in her list is a boy named Hayama Akira, who Momoka first saw at her first class. They had met because Hayama had coincidentally happened to be passing by as Momoka's stomach growled slightly, and he was kind enough to offer her his snack his guardian had made him bring. What made him interesting in Momoka's eyes, is because there was something about him that just draws her in. She finds him quite weird, not knowing his special ability yet, but other than that, she doesn't get how someone so young can have white silvery hair.

The next person in her list was a girl who specializes in meat. Momoka had seen the female at her Management class, and she was curious as to why a girl like her was always so conscious about her surroundings. Momoka had meant no harm, really, so she then tried to befriend the female, who she now knew as Mito Ikumi. Said female was really stubborn, and didn't want Momoka hanging around her, but by the end of the day, both girls were offering small smiles and waves as they parted ways from each other. Momoka made a mental note to herself that she should approach Mito first, because she observed that Mito wasn't one who makes the first move.

Another boy, Aldini Takumi, who was Italian, interested Momoka. He had a few things similar to Mito, and Momoka actually thought if they were related to one another, and she was glad that they weren't, because she couldn't see any of the resemblance in them. What Momoka liked about this boy, is that he was cute, and fun to tease, like Erina. Momoka mentioned when they met that she liked how his hair looked like, and the Italian boy flushed in shyness and embarrassment, acting humble (and failing miserably) and protesting, but he thanked her anyway in the end. One thing about him is that Momoka felt like he was vaguely familiar, but she shook it off, telling herself that he might've just seen someone that looked like him before.

The next one was the brother of Aldini Takumi, Aldini Isami. He was a kind boy, offering Momoka a seat when she found no more at one of their lectures. Isami also interested Momoka because she wondered how could he and Takumi be twins, when they look nothing alike and don't even have the same personalities; sure, both of them shared a few things in common, but those things wouldn't be noticed because people always judge their looks. Though he was different from Takumi, Momoka still finds him cute, and wanted to befriend him.

Momoka would've befriended another student, but she couldn't stay with them any longer because Hisako was calling out to her, saying that they had to leave. However, Momoka remembered a girl with pale white skin, her hair also a weird white color, and her eyes a ruby red that seemed to sparkle or glint.

"What a day...." Huffed Momoka as she laid on her bed immediately the moment she entered her room, but she stood up quickly, not wanting to fall asleep with her uniform on. So she changed into more comfortable, house clothes and laid on her bed once more, feeling sleepy as she watched the sun setting through her window.

It is true that she was tired, she had a long day, considering the fact that it was her first day of school in less than three years. And because of this, she decided that she should reward herself with sleep, so that she will wake up before dinner and have time to fix her things before going to sleep once again later.

I'll make you proud.. Momoka mentally tells herself, drifting off to sleep.

○●○●○

The next day, arriving at school, Momoka went to her first class immediately, American cuisine class.

Due to being early, Momoka wondered around the room, looking at different kinds of spices and some electronics she hasn't seen before in real life. Other than those, she also saw the stored ingredients, and she already had ideas just in case their teacher decided to have them make an American dish.