C26. Fatigue

Momoka's Point of View

Later on that day, posterior to all my assignments, I find myself inside a bus to take me back to the resort. I, along with my fellow peers, sat down with sighs escaping our lips in weariness.

We just finished an assignment that had us go around some area of the resort, being given a list of ingredients and we have to find it in an hour or else we won't pass.

And I, with an average knowledge about plants, managed to survive and pull through somehow.

And now, here we all are. Good thing that this is the last assignment, other than the nightly routine we have to do which will have to take place later on.

Looking around the bus, it's only then do I realize who my seatmate is. I manage to pull off a small smile, at least happy to see who it is. "Takumi, I didn't notice you," catching his attention, I tell him.

"Apologies," he nodded it off, "Running around for about an hour just tired me," as he informs me of this, I can't help but laugh about it.

"This camp is really no joke," inhaling and exhaling, I commented to myself. I lose my smile, and look out of the window to watch all the things that are around us.

"Are you feeling drowsy, Momoka?" Hearing Takumi voicing out his concern to me, as usual, made my heart warm in familiarity. He would always be concern, just like this.

I shake my head, wanting to stay strong just a little bit more. "I'm feeling absolutely fine, Takumi," turning my head again to face the blond, I respond.

He gives me a look, a look that makes me sigh for another time. He certainly has a way with words, a way that makes me almost give in most of the time, but his features are another thing; probably a whole other level.

"When will you learn to stay honest..?" The words are mumbled and soft, yet not enough to not be able to reach my ears. His eyes drop to his hands, his palms seen clearly.

"I am honest," I countered back, "I am fine. I still haven't reached my limit," as I say this, I take a peek at his face, a teasing smile on my face. "I know you're worried, but know that I know when to let my guard up and when to let it down as well," to reassure him, I patted his head, a giggle leaving my throat.

His cheeks turn a shade of red in my actions. ".. I'm aware of that," he answers back, "I just can't help but worry."

Nudging him with a roll of my eyes, I've had quite enough. "Don't be such a sap, Takumi," I wanted him to go back to normal, and I just hope that teasing him will do the trick.

"I-I'm not a sap!" At his declaration, some students turn their heads to him, making him shrink and blush an even darker shade of red. I laughed at this, finding it amusing.

"Sure," with a smirk, I mused, "Whatever you say, Takumi."

Later

The next thing I know, after doing what I thought were all the tasks for today, I'm walking back to the main banquet hall to hear another announcement.

For the umpteenth time this day, another sigh leaves me. The exhaustion from all students are clearly seen; bad auras and long faces are displayed on almost everyone.

However, of course I have to stay strong and prove that I can still go on. I've reached this far, I can't just give up right now and be expelled, I have to prove to everyone that I am capable of something important.

"Wonder what their going to say this time.." the voice of my cousin from my left side makes me sigh for another time. She just keeps on reminding me every time that I'm not alone here.