C31. Birthday

Momoka's Point of View

Three weeks went by almost too quickly for my liking. It's been a few days since summer vacation has started, and everything was going so well so far, as long as I'm concerned.

I've been meeting up with all of my friends. Hanako had befriended most of them, I think. She got to meet all my close friends, and they all became quick friends with my cousin.

Hanako had behaved pretty well, too. She wasn't much of a hassle to handle anymore. She, I believe, had gone a bit more mature. Though she would still be playful somtimes, bantering with me every now and then.

What is strange, though, everyone is acting strange.

Today, is my birthday.

I had called and messaged every single one of them for their time. None of them had given me a clear answer, they were all saying that they had plans for the today.

I guess that I have spent most of my time with them. So letting them off the hook for now will be ideal.

"Momoka!! Are you ready?!"

At least someone hasn't forgotten.

"Stop shouting," I scolded my younger cousin, opening the door of my room at the same time.

"Sorry," the female laughs, "I just can't help but feel excited! It's your birthday!"

Her enthusiasm cheers me up, though just the tiniest bit.

"Turning sixteen isn't a big deal."

We both go down the stairs, making small talk. I have to admit that Hanako and I have grown closer recently. Close to the point that we could talk with our eyes. Is that possible? It is, with Hanako and I.

Hanako led me inside our limo, sitting on her favorite spot by the window. She always goes first to get that spot, but someday I'll try to take it from her just for awhile.

"So where are we going?" I decided to ask when the vehicle had began to move.

She sends me a grin and a thumbs up. "It's a surprise," she sang giddily.

"What?" I deadpanned, "Be serious, Hanako. I'm not a kid."

She laughs for a few moments to herself. Finally, she answers me, "I'm just taking you to the mall to buy you clothes."

My eyes widen in disbelief. No way will she do that. Is she serious?

I looked into her eyes, and was given an answer. Yes, she is extremely serious.

How did she even get the money? I know that it isn't my business, but I am curious as to how she is going to buy me clothes with only the allowance that Kamiko-san gives her every week. No doubt, she had other ways to get the money.

I shake my head to rid those thoughts. It's rude to think about that, so I'll stop already.

My eyes look out of the window, and I noticed that we were going to a different path than usual.

As if reading my thoughts, Hanako reassures me with a smile. "Don't worry, we're going to a different mall today. It's a bit far, but totally worth it. The mall has different stores, like Victoria's Secret and Uniqlo! You'll love it!" She exclaims, and it does put me at ease.

○●○●○

I am not going to lie when I say that I feel like I'm a normal teenager who doesn't care at all about the world and her dreams. It feels.. Quite nice.

Hanako and I are carrying five shopping bags from five different stores already. We were just about to enter our sixth, but I had stopped my cousin.