Chapter 28: Death (Gabe)

The first vestiges of cold were starting to creep into my skin. The sun had set long ago, but adrenaline and rage had kept the chilly air at bay, at least for a while. I'd been walking for hours, having parked the car on the edge of some woods and stormed into them, trying to prevent bloodshed back when I still had some self control.

It was as though that version of me no longer existed.

I'd walked for hours, but I'd also walked with nothing to take my anger out on. That had only succeeded in frustrating me more. Now I was hopelessly lost, seething with rage like I'd never felt before. The cold that was now cutting through my shirt was only making it worse.

Then I realized I no longer felt cold. I had become the cold.

As I stepped forward I stepped off the ground, and found the air was solid enough for me to walk on. An increasingly familiar cape sprouted from my shoulders. But this time it went all the way down my back, wrapping around my ankles with a mildly unpleasant sensation. My body had become ethereal. But I felt I was missing something. The Grim Reaper needed a scythe. I extended my right hand off to the side, and willed it into existence. It was a gruesome weapon, just taller than me, with a blade curving to a wicked point that gleamed at the tip. I stopped for a moment to admire the cruel beauty of what I had crafted.

Suddenly I heard something. But I hadn't heard anything. Rather, I sensed it, a feeling independent of my normal senses. I could detect, somehow, human souls nearby. Midair, I spun toward the source of the souls and took off, gliding quickly toward them. They would be the ones to feel my wrath. They would know what my anger meant. They would fuel my rage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry that we haven't had a chance to update in a long time. chAceofSpades wrote this a few days ago since it was his turn for a chapter, and even though he wanted to continue writing more I just couldn't wait to put this on here. I may edit this chapter if he writes more, or I may just make a new chapter. Anyways, I hope you loved this as much as I did!! -M